Will i notice onboard > Pci-e Card?

Associate
Will i notice the difference between, onboard > Pci-e Card?

Right, Will i notice the difference going from onboard to a mid ranged pci-e sound card?

Only thing ive never upgraded so i wouldnt know.
I currently have just fairly decent 2.1 speakers, soon to be upgraded.

Mainly gonna be used for music and gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
I recently down graded my pc to take all the good stuff out for a new build, while waiting for the parts to come i used the same computer with a 8800 insted of a 280 and on board rather then creative SB X-fi. the first thing i noticed was the change in sound rather then the change in graphics when gaming.

they are well worth the cost but you need to have the speakers/headset to go with it. IMHO

Soldato
I noticed a huge difference going from the supreme FX sound card bundled with the Maximus/Rampage board to a Xonar DX that it was unreal and thats probably one of the best supplied sound card/onboard sound packages you can get.

Decent speakers are a must, but once you upgrade you will never want to go back to on-board again

Associate
OP
Well i was thinking of a mid ranged xonar / x-fi card, and some full surround speakers, im quite happy with my onboard but as it always is, i wants better.

Ill be happy when my bass starts to make the neighbours come banging :D

Although money is tight atm. Anyone able to reccomend a decent brand? asus or creative for eg.

Soldato
The xfi cards are better for competitive fps gaming with their 3d positioning, for excellent audio quality for films and casual gaming get a xonar:).

I went down from a Creative X-Fi PCI-E to an onboard sound and have to say I noticed the difference. I would put the creative back in but I've had such a fewer amount of crashes since the downgrade I have left it for now.

Associate
sorry to jump in on this post, i was gonna ask same question!
but what i need is card with optical out, is there any decent ones people would recommend at a reasonable price?

Back
Top Bottom