Better car phenomenon

Associate
Definatly a difference when moving from the Clio to MX5.

People see the clio coming down the road and desperatly want to get infront of it because they think a granny is driving. So I got a lot more people pulling out infront of me on roads and roundabouts.

Saying that though, I still have to take avaisive action on a daily basis on the commute to work in the MX5

Soldato
I've been driving a Mazda 3 recently and compared to my Mk1 Golf other people just don't let you out as much, etc.

Oh well, get my Mk 1 back today so im a happy camper :D

Although some **** scratched my hire car 2 hours before it got collected... ****! :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I get treated what I would class as "normally" in the Leon. Driving the 330d, less people thank you for waiting, and I certainly don't get let out of junctions anymore.

why/when did you get rid of the 325?

Last edited:
Soldato
I havent really noticed much of a difference between the SX and Megane, seems to be certain days when other drivers seem to forget how to drive and just randomly pull out, dont look etc.

With regards to letting people out i am definitely more inclined to do so if the other driver is polite and waits as opposed to those that think they can just pull out.

Man of Honour
I always let people pass if the traffic behind me won't be held up for too long and it's a complete 50/50 split if I get a thanks or not but what I have noticed is every virtually time I let a nice car pass the driver will gesture a thanks with the hand or a nod.

I find it's always the crud car drivers that will only sometimes return the gesture.

Van drivers always give me a thinks with a huge thumb up out the window...which is nice :p

Man of Honour
I let nice cars out and let crap cars hang around in junctions. I also never let hatchbacks out because there is a risk they will hold me up.

I am also not deluded enough to think other people on the road are 'shocked' when I accelerate away or are 'jealous' of my ageing Nissan ;)

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14310738 said:
I am also not deluded enough to think other people on the road are 'shocked' when I accelerate away or are 'jealous' of my ageing Nissan ;)

Totally wrong. Literally tens of jaws have dropped when the raw powah of the Rover is unleashed and causes chunks of NSL road tarmac to land on the bonnets of unsuspecting tailgaters.

Don
Van drivers always give me a thinks with a huge thumb up out the window...which is nice :p

on a similar note, recently was on a roundabout, and this car cut across a van driver, making him swerve

the van driver quickly put both arms out the window and did a shotgun blast + reload gesture with his arms

he was still going around the roundabout at the time, so must have been steering with his knees

only me and the gf saw this, but it made us both laugh :D

Associate
I found things were pretty much neutral in my Citroen Xsara (as expected, really). But in the MX5 people will often overtake, undertake through tiny gaps, and accellerate round me to cut in front of me on a slip road.

Not quite sure why, I drive in exactly the same way.

Associate
try driving a porsche no-one lets you out, ever and everyone seems to hate you on the roads too

I've not really noticed this but I don't really do that many miles so that might be why. I have noticed that there seems to be more retards on the road though, but I think this might be because I am driving faster so it is more noticible if for example, someone pulls out in front of you at the roundabout at about 1 mph etc.

Soldato
I was going to start a similiar thread.

I seriously don't get let out of anywhere anymore! Strangely I find that other BMW's seem to let me out more often than not so from now on I'm sticking with my german buddies.

I do seem to get more of a definate thank you when letting out other cars, which is cool :)

Soldato
i hope this is a serious post

That's funny, I rather hoped it wasn't.

[TW]Fox;14310738 said:
I let nice cars out and let crap cars hang around in junctions. I also never let hatchbacks out because there is a risk they will hold me up.

Good to know :p

I've noticed hatchbacks do tend to hold me up more than more powerful cars, but that may be because there are more of them around. I wouldn't put the risk of being held up by a hatchback that much higher than a more expensive car though.

In a town, I tend to let people out. If I'm on the approach to a NSL road though, I tend not to let people out.. the risk of being held up.. not that it matters, unless it's late the chances of getting stuck behind a lorry on a twisty A-road are approximately 10:1 on the routes I normally travel.

Back
Top Bottom