PS3 80GB £125.. blimey.

Associate
same here if you look through his normal transaction is normally sky TV remote controls and random mobile phone accessory and out of nowhere a PS3
seems a bit fishy anyone can confirm the paypal protection for normal debit card?

Associate
Do not use a debit card you will have no chance of getting a chargeback always use a credit card. This is a very dodgy looking auction to me someone may have hijacked this account or the seller is doing a big scam then running with the money.

Associate
Quoted from the paypal terms and conditions :

Even though you may escalate an Item Not Received Dispute to a Claim, you are not guaranteed a recovery. If the Claim is decided in your favour, your recovery is limited to the amounts that PayPal can recover from the seller’s Account.

Soldato
It's simply not there when I look. I know what I'm doing on the site as well :p

SONY PS3 HARD DRIVE 60GB FITS ALL /40GB/60GB/80GB £37.50 +£3.00 24d 9h 35m

SONY PS3 80 GB UNBOXED £179.99 +£9.99 1d 15h 39m

Sony PlayStation 3 (80 GB) Black Console £190.00 Free 11h 25m

Nothing inbetween...

Soldato
What to do people. What to do.

Does anyone known anyone from another forum that has 'bought' one of these if its turned up etc (Assuming its been active for a while).

Strife212 : Check your messages/email.

Soldato
Though it wouldn't be a problem getting money back if paid with Credit Card? Ignoring trying to get money from Paypal that is?

And is there definitely an option to pay by Credit Card through Paypal at checkout?

Associate
ye "reserved" one took a chance of buy out but have not payed for it yet
would people get it delivered by mon-tue?
So people that has taken a chance here and bought it on OcUK plz report haha feels a bit bonkers for doing it.

Associate
Do not use a debit card you will have no chance of getting a chargeback always use a credit card. This is a very dodgy looking auction to me someone may have hijacked this account or the seller is doing a big scam then running with the money.

Yeah.

That's whats preventing me buying one as I only have a mestro card and the paypal protection is useless.

However, I don't think the account is hijacked but obviously that doesn't mean it's not a scam.

Soldato
Got it now, really weird that it wouldn't come up. Had to search through all the auctions, not just buy it nows.

Tempting to put one or two on the credit card...

Permabanned
If i counted that right that seller has sold 125 of them so far.. 125 x £135 .... guess he/she loving his paypal account right now lol

Soldato
I have to drop my girlfriend back home. I will have a think and if there are a few left when i get back i will probably buy one, unless you lot scare me into not doing it :)

Soldato
If you haven't got a PS3 just put it on a credit card and hope it's real, if not you can get the money back anyway. It's almost being given away!

Soldato
Oh hell, I will chance it, but I need to know if I can select to pay by credit card at checkout - anyone know if this will be an option?

Back
Top Bottom