F1 rival series confirmed?

Associate
Fantastic news, it's about time Bernie and his cronies were taken out of the equation. It's a sad day when multi-national companies are the ones protecting the integrity of the sport against the wishes of the governing body.

British GP at silverstone it is

AGD

AGD

Soldato
If this is for real this is huge. Will they have to renegotiate with all the circuits?! I bet bernie and mosley never expected this would happen. Surely we'll see some massive backtracking. Can't believe f1 won't cave in now.

Soldato
OP
For bernie's sake he had better cut the crap else hes gonna lose his precious toy. A rival series would be good if run properly and if it was back to the old days of being competitive

Associate
How do people see this panning out?

A great big flan-fest in the courts. :D especially with regard to Ferrari, Red Bull and Torro Rosso who are contracted to race with the FIA until 2012.

FOTA will have minor problems since the race-tracks F1 use are contracted to the FIA. I doubt that FOTA would be able to negotiate any racing on those tracks, which in some cases may not be that much of an issue ;)

As far as FIA are concerned, they are sunk without the likes of Ferrari, who have a tremendous fan following and as such can almost guarantee a good turnout to any race meet esp. in Europe.

It will turn out in one of two ways:

1. - The FIA will back down and "offer compromises" to FOTA, since without the best teams and drivers, they arguably don't have much of a product to sell. FOTA will then "reluctantly accept the compromises" with massive back-handers that we never get to hear about until the Telegraph get hold of it. Both teams then get to keep face

2. - FOTA make a realistic series and the FIA collapses to the level of WTCC and a much reduced marketplace

Associate
A great big flan-fest in the courts. :D especially with regard to Ferrari, Red Bull and Torro Rosso who are contracted to race with the FIA until 2012.

FOTA will have minor problems since the race-tracks F1 use are contracted to the FIA. I doubt that FOTA would be able to negotiate any racing on those tracks, which in some cases may not be that much of an issue ;)

As far as FIA are concerned, they are sunk without the likes of Ferrari, who have a tremendous fan following and as such can almost guarantee a good turnout to any race meet esp. in Europe.

It will turn out in one of two ways:

1. - The FIA will back down and "offer compromises" to FOTA, since without the best teams and drivers, they arguably don't have much of a product to sell. FOTA will then "reluctantly accept the compromises" with massive back-handers that we never get to hear about until the Telegraph get hold of it. Both teams then get to keep face

2. - FOTA make a realistic series and the FIA collapses to the level of WTCC and a much reduced marketplace

Option 1 seems the most likely.......

However, I wold like to see the FIA stop making F1 so rubbish with all their stupid rules, Moto GP series organisers handle things much better IMO

Associate
Of course, there's option 3 that the FIA are taking, which is to shout and moan about how the teams have let them down contractually and issue writs like confetti. It all gets close to the court-room, then they revert to option 1 when they realise what an utter fool they are making of themselves and there's little chance of winning the case.

I wonder if it would be possible for Ferrari to run a car (albeit with minimal funding) under FIA rules in their series, and also run a works team in the break-away...

Back
Top Bottom