*** The iPhone 3G S Thread - All iPhone 3G S Related Stuff In Here ***

Associate
I've run smartphones since the P800 so I forget people are still new to them and their battery life :)

I have a dock at work, and one at home (NB; you should have your mobile more than 4ft from your head when you sleep). Also run an Alpine head unit in the car that has iPhone cable, so it tends to charge all over the place.

eBay is good for apparently-genuine Apple USB cables cheap, by the way. I got 3 for a tenner.

For secure wiping of data prior to selling, you MUST either jailbreak and gain shell access or stump up £5.99 for iErase. Every method you guys have mentioned does nothing to overwrite files, so anyone with a bare minimum bit of data recovery experience could retrieve your emails, URL history, contacts, even your Rick Astley albums :D

Soldato
Anyone know of a headset adapter so you can convert decent headphones into a handsfree device? Want to listen to music and take calls when necessary.

Went around the shops on the weekend and no one knew what I was on about :p
Shure MPA (MicroPhone Adapter) is pretty decent - goes well with the Shure headphones, as they're modular - else you'll end up with a tonne of cable.

Soldato
Lithium-ion batteries prefer a frequent charge over a complete drain-n-charge.

There is a circuit which prevents over-charging anyway, so providing you aren't leaving it for a few days it'll be alright :)

Ah, i thought i read something a while ago about they like to have the electrons moving around constantly and that leaving them plugged in whilst fully charge was bad practice :)

Associate
iPhone 3G S Email?

I've just got my first iPhone which I'm chuffed to bits with after owning a blackberry storm.
I'll cut straight to my question which I'm sure has been asked many times before. I've started my email account on my phone which works great, BUT! I have to check to see if I have any emails by pushing the email icon, what settings do I have to set up so that my emails are just sent straight to my phone like a text? What I'm saying is I want my phone to notify me wen I hav an email?

Any help would be much appreciated, and I opologise if this question has already been asked.

Associate
If your account supports it, you can set up push email, which will notify you as soon as items arrive in your inbox. As far as I know, MobileMe and MS Exchange support this.

Other than that, you can set up 'pull' email, which basically checks the account every so often for you, pulling through any messages.

Who is your email provider?

Associate
Iphone 3GS Email Setup

Hi can someone tell me if it is possible to setup a windows live account on the iphone 3gs... as i have tried many times and just says "getting mail" for hours... if anyone has got it working can they please share there settings.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Help!

My girlfriends 3gs screen has stopped working near the bottom, the bottom row of apps cant be clicked. The phone has never been dropped, has no scuffs or scratches and is in pristine condition. Its on PAYG without the insurance they offered. Im planning on heading down to the o2 store tomorrow to hopefully get a replacement. Has anyone had any experience of how they deal with issues like this?

If they wont swap it is it worth making an appointment at an apple store to try and get a replacement under the warranty??

Soldato
Help!

My girlfriends 3gs screen has stopped working near the bottom, the bottom row of apps cant be clicked. The phone has never been dropped, has no scuffs or scratches and is in pristine condition. Its on PAYG without the insurance they offered. Im planning on heading down to the o2 store tomorrow to hopefully get a replacement. Has anyone had any experience of how they deal with issues like this?

If they wont swap it is it worth making an appointment at an apple store to try and get a replacement under the warranty??

Sounds like a fault so should be replaced under warranty :)

Probably will find it better at Apple though.

Insurance is for dropping it / losing it / stolen etc

Associate
Anyone getting an issue with the 3GS where the phone will suddenly show the 'spinning circle' animation and then shut itself off? This is regardless of how much battery is remaining, etc. I've tried a couple of restores now and it's still the same. Phone going back tomorrow.

Soldato
Yes :p

BTW is this headset adapter any good?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/smarttalk

Need to make sure it does the same as the new iPhone hedset inline controls...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Judging from this I would say so:

Features

* Adds a microphone and a control button to your favorite earphones
* Answer calls or send them to voicemail
* Play, pause and skip through your tunes
* High-sensitivity microphone for crystal-clear phone conversations
* 30” cable sheathed in nylon braiding for strength, good looks and durability

Back
Top Bottom