PAC from t-mob to O2 with some months left in contract?

Associate
Hi,
I have a G1 on T-Mob 12mth contract, I have about 6 months left. I decided to pre-order an iphone 3gs yesterday and it arrived today :)

My question is, can I keep both numbers and get a PAC code at the end of the TM contract and then transfer it over to 02 i.e. 6 months down the line?

Soldato
Have 2 months on my T-mob contract and also have a 3GS coming. O2 sales say you have to get Pac code to them withing 30 days or you can pretty much forget porting the number. Sales guy did mention there are cases when it can happen past this timeframe but I wouldn't risk it.

Associate
whether its 2 or 6 months, chances are you will have started using the new number by then and it'll be just as much of an issue to loose it as your old number

just send all your contacts a msg saying its changed and cold turkey the old number when you get the new phone, by the time your old contract expires it wont be an issue. assuming ppl have you on facebook/msn or whatever else its not a huge problem if one of them somehow doesnt use and update your number in that time

Soldato
Just PAC it now and take the hit on the T-mob contract.

Your going to effectively pay the same in the long run, and if you re-sell the current phone now, you should get more than in 6 months time.

Associate
Depends on the length of contract, there is some legal mumbo-jumbo which basically states that you dont have to pay a cancellation fee if the contract is over twelve months.

Associate
Depends on the length of contract, there is some legal mumbo-jumbo which basically states that you dont have to pay a cancellation fee if the contract is over twelve months.

Cancellation fee, no probably not. but he will be liable for the remaining line rental till the end of the contract

It doesnt not however prevent him from calling up tomorrow and switching to the lowest possible tarriff then once the tarriff change has gone through cancelling and paying off the remainder at the lower price

Its been a long time since i worked at vodaphone but it was possible to lower your tarriff any time after 3 months into the contract

Back
Top Bottom