Got my degree marks today

Caporegime
expecting mine next week. I will have had to have screwed up on a epic scale not to get a 2:1. Very outside chance of a first, though not holding my breath.

graduation isnt till october though!!

Soldato
I got my classification today, Starred First in Computer Science at UEA...not sure how I managed that one, but dead happy with that :D

Nix

Nix

Soldato
2:2 here as well. I dont have my percentage yet though. Really wanted the 2:1..and it seems ALL my friends got it :(

It's over now, don't worry about it. Start thinking about where you want to go and how you're going to get there. :)

It's a little hard with the job market at the moment, so don't get too down because of your grade - it's still a good degree and there are many people who'd be happy to have one.

Soldato
Get mine on wednesday, sucks that you were only a couple of % of a 2.1 :(

What are the rules these days if you get a borderline mark? I suspect i will get 68/69/70 and just miss a first.

Can you request a remark if you get 69%?

Associate
It's over now, don't worry about it. Start thinking about where you want to go and how you're going to get there. :)

It's a little hard with the job market at the moment, so don't get too down because of your grade - it's still a good degree and there are many people who'd be happy to have one.

thanks. Im feeling much better about it today! i have a degree after all!! yesterday however, i was gutted!

Get mine on wednesday, sucks that you were only a couple of % of a 2.1 :(

What are the rules these days if you get a borderline mark? I suspect i will get 68/69/70 and just miss a first.

Can you request a remark if you get 69%?

You can request remarks but you have to pay! i know someone who got 69% and had everything remarked and it came back the same

it really isnt worth it. its marked and remarked anyway!

Soldato
but from a 3rd rate university :D

dont really think much of degrees from crap unversistes - standards aren't the same, one of my friends struggled on Computer Sciense course at Imperial (ie fail 1st year) only to go to UWE and get a 1st!

Oh right, so if UEA is 3rd rate that must make top 20 uni's second rate yeah? :rolleyes:

Associate
UEA is higher ranked than MMU, where i studied.

who cares who studied where. stop raining on peoples parade. A lot of people have worked hard to get what they've got

Soldato
not the same if it was in top 10! what's the entry requirements? had a quick look at the entry requirements BBB for CompSci - hardly cream of the crop made!

11 - 20 - yea I would say 2nd rate, 20+ third rate and top 10 - first rate! and that's pretty much how it is!

Yes everyone is aware that the university matters. But finding someone's post where they get very good results and then effectively going "hah, you go to a rubbish university" is stupid. He didnt say he was better than a 2.1 student from oxford.

Similarly a 1st student from oxford isnt necessarily better than phil.

Last edited:
Associate
I get my final results on the 1st of July, cant wait! Think I might have just scraped a 1st, but 100% no lower than a 2:1. Thats in computer science at Hull by the way. I don't really care for the whole institutional elitism rubbish, my course is accredited by the BCS so who cares!

Back
Top Bottom