Pirates tributes to Michael Jackson

Permabanned
It always makes me smile how, when a musician dies usenet posters flood groups with their music, as is currently happening with a particular newsgroup.

I can remember when one of the Bee Gee's passed away the same happened.

Tribute? It's more like adding insult to injury :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Why is it adding insult to injury?

The guy is dead no one should be making money off his back, Sorry but this is where copy write laws are so screwed up.

What? His estate will continue to make money. Your estate is basically the belongings of the deceased.

Soldato
It always makes me smile how, when a musician dies usenet posters flood groups with their music, as is currently happening with a particular newsgroup.

real men would use the lossless group though.

Soldato
Music isn't just about the money, and any true musician knows that. He might prefer it if everyone bought his albums, but surely it's more important that people are touched by and enjoy his music, regardless of whether they've paid for it or not?

Permabanned
OP
Music isn't just about the money, and any true musician knows that. He might prefer it if everyone bought his albums, but surely it's more important that people are touched by and enjoy his music, regardless of whether they've paid for it or not?
Thats exactly the kind of thing you'd expect to hear from a musician (not pop star) who has already made it and has £millions in the bank.

You're not likely to hear it from a busker on the London Underground though.

Associate
It always makes me smile how, when a musician dies usenet posters flood groups with their music, as is currently happening with alt.binaries.mp3

Its no worse than the sudden increase of MJ music listings on ebay. People hoping to make a bit of a profit on them.

Dave

daz

daz

Soldato
Perhaps if he didn't throw money at stupid things and looked after his money a little better towards the end he wouldn't be in massive debt, go read up about it, its nothing to do with he didn't get enough he just spent too much.

He had "a billionaire's spending habit with a millionaire's fortune", is a quote i've heard somewhere.

Caporegime
It sounds like a similar situation to Tyson, he had a boat load of money passing though his hands but the people the thought he could trust took advantage of him and spent loads of his money without knowing, bentleys etc all went missing without him knowing.

Caporegime
theres a good parody on youtube about the news papers after his death , contains bad language though so cant link here

Back
Top Bottom