Weird glitchy shadows in Source engine

Associate
Never seen that before and I use and ATI card with I think 9.3 cats. The only problem I have ever noticed with shadows in the source engine is that they sometimes draw through floors and walls, but that is just an engine glitch/bug which has been around forever.

Associate
OP
Never seen that before and I use and ATI card with I think 9.3 cats. The only problem I have ever noticed with shadows in the source engine is that they sometimes draw through floors and walls, but that is just an engine glitch/bug which has been around forever.

Do you use 9.3 for a specific reason?

What is the best driver version to use? Also, what FPS do you get in L4D, for comparison reasons.

Associate
I got this bug im most games, not just source ones, found an option in ccc which fixed it.. will post back when i can remember what its called

Edit - Right, in CCC try ticking the "disable Catalyst A.I option in 3D > Catalyst A.I.

pretty sure thats what fixed it for me

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I got this bug im most games, not just source ones, found an option in ccc which fixed it.. will post back when i can remember what its called

Edit - Right, in CCC try ticking the "disable Catalyst A.I option in 3D > Catalyst A.I.

pretty sure thats what fixed it for me

Turning AI to standard did the trick, thanks a bunch mate! ;)

edit: oops, seems I spoke too soon, it's a lot better but it's still there..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom