CoolerMaster HAF932 Thread

Associate
Mine has just arrived must say huge case looks good and now can assign my antec 900 to the bin

Asked this to the other guy but intrested o here a few peoples opinions.

Are you pleased?

Quality?

Does it look better than the pictures?

Associate
Asked this to the other guy but intrested o here a few peoples opinions.

Are you pleased?

Quality?

Does it look better than the pictures?

I really like it was going to get a cosmos until I seen the HAF dont know why but the looks just grabbed me all the pictures ive seen of it do it justice, to the quality everything seems fine everything where its supposed to be but havent started my build yet so all ive done is spin the back fan around 90 degrees so the power cable has better alignment for tidying.

Associate
well i have had it a week now apart from my minor problem which will be sorted tomorrow looking forward to meeting rich,anyway the case is brilliant very sturdy case very big and lots of space inside cabling is a dream no problems there all nice and tidy,very impressed,only thing i would have liked is the red lighting on the side is there a way to move those lights of the front to the side fan or there abouts just so it glows in the case ect?

Associate
So it's my birthday next Monday, and there's a big fat heavy box in my mum's office, that a little bird has told me is a HAF 932. I'm so excited! Woot! Got a new house (with a dedicated computer room) three weeks ago, a brand new computer desk two weeks ago, and now this new case is going to make my set-up look so sexy! Woot!

Associate
guys, is one cathode enough for case to look awesome at night?
i was gonna get red, because the front fan is red, but damn green looks very good, however how does it look in combination with red led fan?

Associate
I have tested the case with 2 10cm red cold cathods (more pink than red really) and it lit up pretty well, but I also tried out a 30cm LED strip that was far better in colour and amount of light. Don't have any pics at the moment, but due to build my new rig on Saturday and could post some pics of it up and running.

Associate
a bit of advice would go down nice

i have a 932 and was wondering what you think, inside i have acid green feser clear tubing with uv lights, i'm thinking about having 4 coloured fans on the side panel instead of the big one, i'm thinking of having Green Red on the top the on the bottom Red Green, now would that look tacky as **** or would it look ok, im a lights man, secondly what fans would you recommend, i know some red fans arent has red as they suggest, are there any that are a decent red like the one on the front of 932

Associate
I've found that I get a weird whirring sound with my case, it alternates between loud and silent, "whir, whir, whir" if you catch my drift. But the sound completely disappears if I slightly open the side of the case, or half pop out one of the 5.25" bays, so that the two 'push in' bits are held in by the case. Not something major, but enough to slightly bug me. I have tried disconnecting all of the fans, and the DVD-drive, but it continues to whir regardless.

However, other than that, it is a truly splendid case! I didn't realise quite how big it was, or how subtle the HAF logo was. If anything, its size is almost TOO big as I am having to stretch cables slightly!

Associate
The fans are virtually silent. They're so large that they can spin really quite slow and still move a lot of air. Mine seems to have a problem with resonance, but it may be a bad hard drive or something, I haven't worked out what yet, but I believe its an exception.

Soldato
OP
The fans are virtually silent. They're so large that they can spin really quite slow and still move a lot of air.

I can barely hear mine, it just makes a very quiet 'whir' noise as you would expect with any fan.

I have never had any problem with resonance either

Associate
how does this case compare to the Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos S "Sport"

I am looking at a new case to power a new I7 920 overclocked with watercooling (first time for watercooling so probly get the Swiftech H2O-220 Apex Ultima kit i guess).

I know this one is cheaper, wondering if the other has any advantages at all or if i should just grab the haf?

Associate
looks dont bother me at all (i actually dont want lights on it either, its in my bedroom and dont want the light at night), just interested in build and usage

i plan on watercooling, being a watercooling noob i gather the haf can take a 360 in the roof. but should i decide to try and cool a gtx 295 would need an additional 240 that would not fit. hmmmm

Last edited:
Associate
guess if i get a 320 and 240 i can stick the 320 in the top and dangle the 240 out the back if theres holes to get the tubes through? i dont want to cut the case.

or i could stick the 120.2 somewhere inside the case near the front intake fan instead? i wont be using most of those drive bays anyway hmm

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else find that you have to stretch the SATA cables in this case a bit? My DVD drive is in the top slot, and the SATA cable only just reaches.

Soldato
how does this case compare to the Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos S "Sport"

I am looking at a new case to power a new I7 920 overclocked with watercooling (first time for watercooling so probly get the Swiftech H2O-220 Apex Ultima kit i guess).

I know this one is cheaper, wondering if the other has any advantages at all or if i should just grab the haf?

I just ordered the 840 classic. I think it has the better internals out off the cosmos and the haf.

Back
Top Bottom