Yay for air con... boo for fuel economy! \o/

Naf

Naf

Associate
My commute to work with Climate Control doing it's thing returns between 47 and 53mpg depending on driving style.

Without Climate Control I get...exactly the same, but get home with a sweat on.

Climate Control is fantastic :D

Man of Honour
Being sweaty in a car where not only the seats are leather but the armrests and door panels too is not a good thing I assure you :p

Back when I didn’t realise that AC use made little diff to MPG (those damned magazines and papers saying 15% is lost etc) I used to use it as little as possible if I could!

Man of Honour
Drove home today in the soaring heat, van men looking in with groanish faces with their windows open arms hanging out :D

If I opened one window a waft of hot musty air would enter the car.

nothing like a low speed flow of conditioned cold air inside the cabin TBH :D

Soldato
Im still getting a touch over 75mpg with AC on even in my little duracell bunny car. Im suprised it doesnt seem to have a big effect, sure you can feel it engage but the hit isnt too obvious. ECON mode though so the engine does stop when the car does, if i leave it in AUTO climate the engine wont stop as its a belt driven compressor.

Soldato
Im still getting a touch over 75mpg with AC on even in my little duracell bunny car. Im suprised it doesnt seem to have a big effect, sure you can feel it engage but the hit isnt too obvious. ECON mode though so the engine does stop when the car does, if i leave it in AUTO climate the engine wont stop as its a belt driven compressor.

So you still sweat in traffic? ;)

Soldato
are non - AC'd cars still common? I thought they would have all gone with the scrap allowance scheme :D

I have dual zone in mine and have both sides set to 16 degrees unless it gets too warm, then it goes on LOW :D

Soldato
Mine goes down to 16° on the temp control (though it's left at 18°) and then there is low which is full power to the fan and max cold it can kick out.

Associate
not having any aircon is killing me, my car is 6 years old, never had a re-gas and the air con doesnt do a single thing, and because its been dry for so long itll cost a fortune to fix, which i cant afford :(

Back
Top Bottom