Germany says it has a right to a homeland ..... In Poland ?

Caporegime
In 1945 millions of ethnic Germans were forced from their homes after a redrawing of the border resulted in their lands becoming part of Poland.
I don't see the problem, nor controversy. These people were expelled from their homes after the borders were incorrectly redrawn, and were expatriated purely based on their ethnicity. They should not have been.

Soldato
oh dear, isn't this basically what they wanted as a result of the redrawings of boarders after WWI, they only wanted to reclaim the land that was rightfully theirs after all. and here we go again.

Associate
I don't see the problem, nor controversy. These people were expelled from their homes after the borders were incorrectly redrawn, and were expatriated purely based on their ethnicity. They should not have been.

And who exactly is stopping them returning? They have a EU passport they are well within their rights to return.

Soldato
lol? Trying to start a hate thread?

The article says that the Christian Democratic Union says that when the borders between Germany and Poland was redrawn at the end of WW2, some Germans lost their homes as I assume Germany lost some of its land. They say this should have been condemned under international law.

The article even states that the government refused to give the woman who started this a post on somesort of government board.

Don't worry, there won't be a WW3...

Caporegime
This is great news, those uniforms were so cool! My father was half German. Where do I sign up? :cool: ;)

lol? You've completely misquoted the story...

The article says that the Christian Democratic Union says that when the borders between Germany and Poland was redrawn at the end of WW2, some Germans lost their homes as I assume Germany lost some of its land. They say this should have been condemned under international law.

The article even states that the government refused to give the woman who started this a post on somesort of government board.

Don't worry, there won't be a WW3...

:D

Soldato
I totally agree.

ignoring germany's policy on ethnicity at the time then of course there is no problem, the fact remains that germnay and it's people made life difficult for the polish and polish citizens of the time and rightfully so they were given reparations.

Germany has no right to the land or an apology for the loss of the land, perhaps they should question the reason WHY they lost it in the first place.

Man of Honour
ignoring germany's policy on ethnicity at the time then of course there is no problem, the fact remains that germnay and it's people made life difficult for the polish and polish citizens of the time and rightfully so they were given reparations.

Germany has no right to the land or an apology for the loss of the land, perhaps they should question the reason WHY they lost it in the first place.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Oh come off it Merkel. How many Poles did Germany kill compared to those displaced? Seriously, it's been a good 64 years of peace now. What's the point? The displaced people have settled where they have for over half a century, and most of them are perhaps now dead; let it go for goodness' sake.

Regardless, I really can't see the powers that be allowing anyone to stoke this fire. In fact, I also give the German public a little more credit than that. I don't think anything will come of this, but one does wonder why or how the heck the CDU thought that this would be a good or acceptable idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
Two wrongs don't make a right.

no, but then you're going back a LOOOOOOOONG way. the fact remains that germany was punished as a result of it's peoples actions. i know we're a bit PC in this country but if a mass murderer was released would you expect the families of his victims to apologise for his imprisonment?

Man of Honour
no, but then you're going back a LOOOOOOOONG way. the fact remains that germany was punished as a result of it's peoples actions. i know we're a bit PC in this country but if a mass murderer was released would you expect the families of his victims to apologise for his imprisonment?

C'mon. Germany has had a guilt complex for the best part of 65 years about this. Your analogy is completely flawed also. You are assuming the victims are totally innocent. What the Poles did, whilst completely understandable, was not right. And Germany wants some recognition of this.

Back
Top Bottom