• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Saturday deliveries by dpd.

Associate
Hi all and have a new gfx card on the way for my system today but am wondering has anyone else recently had anything delivered from ocuk via the courier dpd(as it says on the tracking page) using the saturday delivery service as nothing has turned up yet?(gone 2pm here).

On dpd's website ive looked and they say stuff is normally delivered before 10 or 12 pm on a saturday so im thinking i hope this aint the case and mine aint been delivered as obviously ive paid more for a sat delivery(plus aswell waitin to go down the pub lol and cant atm not knowing whether this is gonna turn up today or not!..)

Soldato
Dont worry they can deliver anywhere between 9 untill 5 at night
if you had got DPD before 12non saterday delivery then i would worry.

your card should turn up within the next hour half.

Associate
OP
Yeah thx for relpying and tried contacting dpd but of course there offices are shut after 1pm and the last thing on the tracking page was the item was "recieved" at a hub early this morning and no more updates since and it was ocuk's next day saturday parcel service so hopefully as ya say it will arrive before 5pm.

Have took my pc apart and fully cleaned it aswell in prep for me new card and the dust that i got out of it was shocking tbh!.

Soldato
I just got a sweet new cosmos case delivered at 12:11 by dpd saturday delivery. Seems like a very good service.

I have had other things from DPD coming at 5:00pm, I guess it depends on the route.

Hopefully you package should turn up soon.

Associate
Most carrier services only deliver upto 12.30 on a saturday. The customer services normally shut at 1pm. I would think your not getting it today now.
I would have thought also that you can get your delivery charge back from oc.

But beware some companies do only refund the extra charge of a saturday delivery and not the whole amount. Not sure weather oc do or not.

Associate
OP
Nope still aint turned up and and had no delivery note through the door so id be shocked if it does turn up in the next half hour

If this is the case not happy as its stuffed my afternoon up aswell as have no way of finding out if its actually on a van or not due to the fact that there office is closed after 1pm for calls and enquiries and ok as peeps say between 9-5pm so ill give it another half hour but aint optimistic at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks to me like OCUK are stuffing up a lot lately.

and yeah if you never got any information saying out for delivery by satarn ect ect
then you wont get your card today.

i think you payed for saterday delivery and OCUK send you the card by DPD next day delivery there for you wont get your card untill monday.

Associate
OP
Yep ive just rung and got someone on the phone from ocuk and hes more or less said thats whats happened basically as its set for a monday delivery..:-s...so i told em nah im at work monday so you will have to re-arrange it for tuesday but they have refunded my whole delivery charge back and set the delivery day for tuesday.

What can ya say..beware of saturday deliveries in this case im afraid and for the record the item is a bfg gtx295 aswell!.

Associate
OP
Yeah again pretty much thats whats happening after speaking to ocuk before they shut at 5pm today.

So it should be getting delivered on tuesday. As the poster above you said it looks like they put it through as a normal next day delivery yet on the email and order it clearly states its a dpd saturday delivery so god knows.

Soldato
As has been said, if it did not say "Loaded on van for delivery" on DPD's website, then it never was coming today. Ring OCUK on Monday and demand that they refund the difference to your CC straight away. Also when it does show up, make a note on the delivery note of the fact that it should have been Saturday delivery. That way there can't be any arguement over it latter.

Associate
'Free' beers... Nothing taste's sweeter than that, especially during the weekend!

On the bright-side... Getting the card just before mid-week will perk you up a little and keep you going till the weekend so you can have a 48 hour solid gaming session :D

Soldato
it can depend were you live also
if the delivery company don't have any more delivery's in your area they wont send a van out on a sat just to deliver 1 parcel
they will just deliver it on monday and leave it for you to get your money back of whoever you brought it off

Last edited:
Soldato
it can depend were you live also
if the delivery company don't have any more delivery's in your area they wont send a van out on a sat just to deliver 1 parcel
they will just deliver it on monday and leave it for you to get your money back of whoever you brought it off

i think your thinling about city-link there mate they were useless dpd on the other hand are a breath of fresh air. i live way out in the sticks and because of work i normaly get sat delivery and i either get my parcel first delivery or last delivery they have never missed me. i have even had my delivery at 1930 before of the manager because of an accident on a motorway and the driver couldnt get to me before he finnished now thats service

N$X

N$X

Associate
i love my royal mail, if i am not in, it goes half a mile up the road to the depot.

city link and dpd are miles away from where i live. i have started to get small items delivered to work now.

on another note, my builders were waiting to start my block paving on thursday and the blocks were suppose to be delivered between 7-11 am. didnt turn up, so i foned them, was advised before 3 pm. blocks didnt turn up till 5.15pm.

i have to pay the builders for drinking tea all day now.

Back
Top Bottom