LG Flatron M227WD - 1080p TV/Monitor mini review

Associate
just bought one of these myself :), does anyone know if you can buy an optical cable adapter to L&R phono as I'm not too keen on a 3.5mm audio cable sticking out of the side going to my amp (no optical input)

Thanks

Soldato
is there any major differences between this and the 27" version apart from size?
only a 150 difference in price, slightly tempted to save up some more

Last edited:
Soldato
Had mine for a week now and quite impressed. TV picture is fairly good, blacklight bleed on dark images is quite bad but not noticebale for normal TV. Watching wimbledon there has been no blurring.

One thing maybe u guys can help with: did any of u manage to remove the red bit at the bottom so u could take the stand out and wall mount it? If so, how? It is screwed in obviously but then also feels like it's glued on?!

Associate
OP
could an owner do some photos with like tv on, desktop on, maybe console on.. thanks if you can :)

pc2o.png

Caporegime
Ok, Im looking for a 22" to 24" TV to hook up to my HTPC and actually used the HDMI out on my graphics card and possibly stick in a BD ROM drive. How is this screen as a TV? Do the vewing angles restrict you to sitting directly infront of it? Is there any 16:9 24" monitors out there that are better for a similar price?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Ok, Im looking for a 22" to 24" TV to hook up to my HTPC and actually used the HDMI out on my graphics card and possibly stick in a BD ROM drive. How is this screen as a TV? Do the vewing angles restrict you to sitting directly infront of it? Is there any 16:9 24" monitors out there that are better for a similar price?

Cheers

Nope, I sit about 7 feet away when watching TV, can be at almost any angle where I can see the TV and the picture remains fine.

As its on a desk, the viewing angle that causes any problem is standing up and looking down from a close distance if about 1 foot away and 6 feet up ;)

Associate
Hmm, I've had mine a week now and I'm not too over keen on it,

The PC looks very good running at full res, and looks very good when playing back MKV files in 720p or 1080p, however I'm not impressed when being used with the PS3

I've run a few games and found them to be very grainy, I've adjusted the settings made sure everything is right but still no luck, in fact my 2 year old Toshiba Regza looks miles better with the PS3 and that isnt 1080p.

TV is ok, but you have to be sat back a bit otherwise it looks very blocky and grainy.

On a good note there is loads of connections around the back, however not liking having a 3.5mm jack stuck out of the side for my PS3 and TV.

Oh and one final thing, the speakers sound like those cheap headphones you had when you was a kid that plugged into your walkman.

Associate
Hmm, I've had mine a week now and I'm not too over keen on it,

The PC looks very good running at full res, and looks very good when playing back MKV files in 720p or 1080p, however I'm not impressed when being used with the PS3

I've run a few games and found them to be very grainy, I've adjusted the settings made sure everything is right but still no luck, in fact my 2 year old Toshiba Regza looks miles better with the PS3 and that isnt 1080p.

TV is ok, but you have to be sat back a bit otherwise it looks very blocky and grainy.

On a good note there is loads of connections around the back, however not liking having a 3.5mm jack stuck out of the side for my PS3 and TV.

Oh and one final thing, the speakers sound like those cheap headphones you had when you was a kid that plugged into your walkman.

i can honestly say when it comes to PS3 no monitor is better than this LG M227wd ,i have tried Dell,Samsung..etc but this LG is by FAAAR the best for HDMI. you must be doing something wrong or your settings are wrong,did you go to advance settings & set the FRESH CONTRAST & FRESH COLOUR TO HIGH ??

Associate
Hi guys, just took delivery of the LG 22" M227WD TV myself. I was just wondering to all of you that own this TV, what picture settings do you use for watching freeview (contrast brightness etc)

Cheers.

Associate
I have been using a LG 11710B monitor for several years, very pleased with it. Due to this and the positive reviews I ordered a LG M227, and it arrived on late last week. I am VERY VERY disappointed, either I have a faulty model or people have been reviewing another product. There are other 22” monitors available for less than the price of a M227, but I chose this as I wanted to be able to watch television.
Please see the attached picture (next post) - I have very good aerial (perfect signal) but TV is best described as unwatchable. I am not sure how other people are using this product, it is sold as a TV/Monitor so should be designed to be viewed from less than 3 feet away. As you can see the TV picture quality is very poor, text is undefined and the TV cannot cope with motion.
For use as a monitor – whilst not as sharp as my LG1710B it is very acceptable. As it only manages to fulfil one of the two tasks it boasts I am thinking of sending it back. But I have posted with the hope to learn if anyone else has experienced this or whether I just have a faulty model. In the mean time if you are thinking of buying this product as 50/50 usage as TV/Monitor, please be warned.

Suspended
I use this monitor ( 2 of them ) and they are BEAST.
Use it for 360 gaming COD4 but will be getting a gaming PC soon,

Experienced zero lag, lots of settings and the most amazing connections EVER! lol. I like how when you switch to a different input you can change the TV settings without loosing them when you switch back

like set it up on HDMI 1 for a good picture on your 360, and number 2 for your PC :) very useful to me.

Associate
Hello Conscept, Thanx for the responce. On Freeview I am seeing very fuzzy pictures, have tried various settings, no improvement. If your Freeview pictures are viewable from less than 3 feet I must have a faulty model. Will post picture as soon as I work out how.

Back
Top Bottom