My new car

Soldato
That video says a lot for the handling of the Clio 200. Its over 100 HP down on the RS but is a fair bit lighter. I'd like to have seen it in front as well.

Man of Honour
Renault seem to have their finger the hot hatch gene at the moment, some impressive little motors coming from there these days.

Soldato
My first impressions would be, nice car but I wouldn't spend £15k on one...

But then I watch the videos and see the pictures and start thinking how much fun the little thing probably is.

Enjoy.

Associate
Is it as quick as the R26? Looks good, I'm liking new Renaults, i'm a fan of the R26, just a bit lardy to drive. Never driven one but if it's keeping pace with a Focus RS it must have a good setup!

Soldato
Is it as quick as the R26? Looks good, I'm liking new Renaults, i'm a fan of the R26, just a bit lardy to drive. Never driven one but if it's keeping pace with a Focus RS it must have a good setup!

No a R26 will still be faster point to point (assuming the same driver). The extra grunt out of the corners coupled with the LSD makes all the difference.

They are also in no way lardy to drive, they are however VERY twitchy when the road gets bumpy and / or you cross the white line to overtake something (caused by the Diff).

The new Clio 200 is nice, I was looking at one until I saw it in the flesh. The colour it was in (blue) didn't help but the black on the front looks terrible and spoils imo what is otherwise a good looking car. Another bad move was to alter the exhust exists on the back (they used to be flush to the diffuser but now they stick out in chrome surrounds).

At least the ops isn't the horrific alien green.....

Permabanned
I guess if you gave the Focus the chance to stretch it's legs it would.

Although why some people get flustered at car x keeping up with car y around the twisties is beyond me - given the right road a 1.6 mx5 could shake off a 911.

Funny that, I made the same point in MkI_Salami's turbo mx5 thread and got roasted by some Motors regulars for it.

Back
Top Bottom