MechWarrior 5 ('rumor' possible teaser)

Soldato
While I am looking forward to this, I have horrible notion it will fail. Even with the 8 button MS Sidewinder 2 joystick, you still need an ENTIRE keyboard to play a MW game.

I do not see how they can make a game for the PC and the 360 and keep the sim side of things.

But I will wait to be proved wrong by the game when its released

Kimbie

Associate
What??? I can play Mechwarrior games with a Cyborg Evo and be pretty much fine... maybe using the keyboard to give commands to lance mates and things but not much

Caporegime
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My childhood is flashing before my eyes, I NEED THIS GAME!

And can we say... Warhammer 40k Titan Mod? *faps self to death*

Soldato
Good guy was a Warhammer. Just gotten to watch the trailer with sound on, I wouldn't have come to help him either :p
Yep, bad guy was in an Atlas.

Good guy was in a Warhammer (but the remade version, not the original MW2 version as their likenesses are no longer the property of FASA / MS / Smith and Tinker).

The jumping mech is a (remade, for same reasons as the Warhammer) Jenner.

And the Rifleman (again the remade version, not the MW2 / original version) has been confirmed in game also.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Im sure it will be in but I loved piloting my Madcats in the mechwarrior games I really hope they are included

Set in 3015 so about 35 years prior to the invasion of the Clans. No Madcat I am afraid. At least not in this one, but you can bet I reappearance if the game sells.

Soldato
Jeese if any game could be released that I wished for it would be Mechwarrior 5, I said earlier in the year it's a shame Microsoft defunted Fasa & the programmers.

Now the original programmer is making the new Mechwarrior 5 game with a new company.

Excellent news. :) :) :)

Associate
Trouble is brewing :(

Harmony Gold, the people behind Robotech have filed a cease and desist because some mechwarrior mechs look like Robotech?!

Doubt a publisher or investors will look at these guys until this is resolved :mad:

Associate
Didn't they have this problem between FASA and the Robotech creators with the image rights?

Yup.

16 Mech designs IIRC. Rifleman, Warhammer, Maruader, Battlemaster and 12 more i cant think of. All taken from Robotech/Macross.

I was surprised to see the Warhammer in the trailer, especially since they have had this problem before with Mechwarrior 2.

Associate
Argh. Hope something like this doesn't stop the game from going ahead. I've missed fighting in Mechs. The closest I've come since using Mechs was the Battfield 2142 mech and the FEAR 2 mech unit thingy me-bob. Its just not quite enough for me

Back
Top Bottom