DnB thread!

Soldato
You want to go to Random Concept at Air in Birmingham, now that's moody lol. Or Bassman's Birthday Bash haha.

Quite a few people play regularly in Dakoyta in Cheltenham, like Ive seen Andy C, High Contrast, Chase & Status, TC, Hype, Taxman etc. and in that place it wasn't moody at all. It's all down to the location.

Some decent tunes from the past couple of years imo:

Always loved this tune as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw Sub Focus on Friday night. He's good. Really good. Was the first DnB gig I have been to and have to say it wasn't a friendly atmosphere. It's worse than a metal gig. It's like people go there to elbow people and try and start something. Doesn't help that I'm small, long hair, skinny and wearing a pink t-shirt. Whatever lol.

There was a track that was played twice then once more by Sub Focus while I was there. Crowd went nuts for it. Dunno what it was though.

Also Brookes Bros were playing but I didn't stay for them.

EDIT: Track is Rock it :D

I've never ever been to a dnb night like this, and I've been to hundreds over the years. :confused:

Try another one!

Soldato
Saw Sub Focus on Friday night. He's good. Really good. Was the first DnB gig I have been to and have to say it wasn't a friendly atmosphere. It's worse than a metal gig. It's like people go there to elbow people and try and start something. Doesn't help that I'm small, long hair, skinny and wearing a pink t-shirt. Whatever lol.

Always like this at most nights down here , especially nights like One Nation @ Brixton academy, even worse are the MC conventions (usually at Mass) :p

Associate
Detonate in Radford? Was that in Blueprint? That's the dodgiest club in this city and literally anything goes there.

If you're ever in Notts you want to get to Stealth, I love that place it's so good :D

I was in this crowd somewhere :D

Last edited:
Soldato
If you were to go to a club which played DnB what songs would you expect to hear? Youtube vids would be awesome.

Just I went out on Friday night to a club which was playing DnB on one of the floors (empty on this floor as always) and they played some good tunes. I have heard them before. They are normally ones with a repeating lead tune kinda like Sub Focus Rock it.

Soldato
I've been to a few at stealth, love it there.

It was in the Marcus Garvey Ballroom near Lenton/Radford. I think they've stopped using it for detonates now as they all seem to be in stealth/rescue rooms.

Detonation (hosted at the Garvey) is slightly different to Detonate. The Garvey is far dodgier than Blueprint though!

Associate
OP
Don't all post at once :p

Been listening to some newish Noisia stuff that I'll post up in the morning. Think they're working on an album and they've got some collab stuff with Foreign Beggars on the go. :D

Soldato
Detonate in Radford? Was that in Blueprint? That's the dodgiest club in this city and literally anything goes there.

If you're ever in Notts you want to get to Stealth, I love that place it's so good :D

I was in this crowd somewhere :D

I've been to a few at stealth, love it there.

It was in the Marcus Garvey Ballroom near Lenton/Radford. I think they've stopped using it for detonates now as they all seem to be in stealth/rescue rooms.

/cry

Miss Notts soo much, especially 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years :(:(

Some truly amazing nights, but never did get to a DnB night at Garvey or Stealth. Although I did spend every summer party in the Detonate tent :D

Associate
Ok, I've been out of the D&B loop for around 10 years and what I want to know is what are the darkest/nastiest/dirtiest tracks that have spilled out in that time. Here are some of these 'newer' ones that I have stumbled accross that meet my criteria. So anything else that you think is so dark it would make normal people vomit??????:eek:

Current Value - Dark Rain

The Qemists - Stompbox (Spor remix)

Noisia - Block Control

Associate
OP
Ok, I've been out of the D&B loop for around 10 years and what I want to know is what are the darkest/nastiest/dirtiest tracks that have spilled out in that time. Here are some of these 'newer' ones that I have stumbled accross that meet my criteria. So anything else that you think is so dark it would make normal people vomit??????:eek:

Dark DnB...

You've already got some Noisia, Current Value & Spor because they are awesome :p. For even more Limewax, Evol Intent, SPL, Counterstrike, maybe some Ewun or Black Sun Empire. TZA, Arsenic, Gein, Apex, Phace are all worth a look. Some dark dnb you might like:

Actually just have a look here. Loads of recommendations that should keep you going :D

Oh anything on the Breed12Inches label, I'm loving them atm:

Don't forget Stigma!

Know you asked for tracks not really artists, but there's just too many :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom