Cooking with Daveyboy - Live Crab

Soldato
Without demand there can be no supply therefore we are specifically asking the farmer to kill things for us to eat therefore my point still stands.

As far as I'm concerned the farmer has already taken responsibility for the slaughter. I'm just buying a packet of meat. That said as a consumer I try to support the right kind of farming.

Associate
When you look at a time line of human evolution. Over the hundreds of thousands of years, its probably only this past 20 years or so (a tiny little spec on the timeline) that we started becoming much more righteous as to an animals welfare.

Granted, in years gone by animals were probably left to their own devices and then hunted (as opposed to say battery farms). But I doubt if they were ever killed in a human manner.

There is a great deal being done worldwide now to ensure that we do treat animals reared for produce in a much more humane way. However I for one don't see how letting a chicken reared for produce and left to run around freely for 30 days and then be killed is an awful lot different to an RSPCA approved battery farm where they have a decent'ish life and are bred for the same purpose. Either way they are killed for meat and in arguably an "humane manner" during both methods of rearing.

Fair play to those who choose to be more righteous and pro animal rights. I have no issue with it and respect your views. Just don't start throwing round comments like "you have blood on your hands for eating meat" etc. Lets not forget that we are built and programmed to be carnivore's. I for one simply look upon it as the way the food chain is and how many more animals are likely killed in a humane way these days than they were many years go. Right way or wrong way, its the same end result and so I don't really see much cause for debate...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Animals die then we eat them. We kill animals to eat them. I don't see the problem, it keeps me fed, the food is good, happy days.

I've hunted, gutted and hung game - as well as eaten it. I've been fishing and cooked the fish I caught - it's just the way it is. Food chain. In the wild many men/women/kids have been eaten by bugs, animals, predators, fish, etc... we just eat more of them than they eat of us.

There are so many sensitive little bunnies on this forum! Bless.

Caporegime
Would you like humans being killed for food by lions?

Some people maybe...

Does the thought of a lion sinking it's sharp teeth into your leg or neck to rip a succulent raw chunk of meat off make you happy

only if it did it in a proper and humane manor, other wise the other lions might say mean things about it on an internet forum.

Caporegime
Animals die then we eat them. We kill animals to eat them. I don't see the problem, it keeps me fed, the food is good, happy days.

I agree, and the fish in the tank in the background is not for decorations !

raw00084.jpg

raw00090.jpg

This is what you call fresh :p Tank -> Table in 25 mins.

Back
Top Bottom