Anyone care about Single Player games anymore?

Soldato
SP all the way :p. Nothing like a good story and/or generally prescribed progression for some entertainment..yknow..which is supposed to be the point of what the developers are doing, right?..

MP has been and, for me, most likely always will be an extension to the single player experience, shared with other people. Sure, it's fun, but not the same :)

Always Co-Op in some games though i suppose..

Soldato
Multiplayer for me currently.

However, I only play online with people I know, this is usually my brother.
I do play some single player, but I much prefer multiplayer.

I've been doing a lot of MP Fifa & Sacred 2 recently, with some Forza in there also.
I just can't get into Single Player games atm, and if I am playing them, I'm usually in a party chat with someone while playing, just because I get bored by myself!

Caporegime
For me, gaming is mostly about telling a story in an alternative medium to TV or film. So I very much cherish single-player gaming. MP is nice now and again but more often than not it leaves me frustrated and depressed because I'm crap at it.

Associate
I rarely play multiplayer if i'm honest - I prefer the single player section of a game (I've got lots of games where I haven't even touched the multiplayer). Having said that, I have played Fight Night Round 4 a couple of times on multiplayer - it's great fun.

Soldato
Only just gotten back into the console game recently. Have only really played GT5 online, and wasn't impressed with the interface TBH.

I've completed Uncharted SP, and am playing Burnout Paradise, MGS4, GT5 and Infamous SP.

Unless it's a shooter, prefer SP personally. That said, I'll be looking for a footy game, and that could be good online, as could a good racer if the interface is improved.

Soldato
I only play SP, multiplayer with people I don't know has never appealed to me apart from when I used to play Tribes on the PC.

Sort of the same... don't mind gaming with mates but 90% of the people out there are complete morons when it comes to gaming.

Haven't renewed my live sub for the 360, and enjoying going through Blue Dragon in my spare time and I've got a fair few JRPG and RPG's lined up to kill those hours :)

Soldato
Single player for me, i love a good story. And the ai is pretty good these days compared to some of the morons on live. I dont have internet in my new house yet either. :p mp has always been a bolt on to single player for me.

Caporegime
I like both. I generally play the SP side of things first (certainly do this for shooters like COD4) then I dabble online.

I don't restrict myself to either or.

Soldato
I look forward to single player games more than multiplayer games tbh. But then one of the most important aspects of a game to me is the storyline so i guess that explains why.

same here.

tend not to do much multiplayer these days as never seem to get time when the kids arent screaming about in the background so cant concentrate properly lol.

Man of Honour
I only play MP in a few select games, I'm much more about the single player stuff really. If the game has a rubbish single player campaign/story/whatever then I won't touch it, irrespective of how good the MP may be.

Soldato
I don't really bother with multiplayer much these days. I used to be really into it on the PC with Call of Duty, BF1942 (and then BF2), Joint Ops and Raven Shield, but these days it doesn't interest me much. I'd play CoD3 and 4 online on my housemate's 360 a year or so back, but I've got CoD4 for PC so it doesn't make much sense for me to buy it again for my PS3. Got a few PC games I could try online, but I'm on wi-fi so lag becomes a bit of an issue. Haven't really got any good online games for the PS3, GTA4 is fun every now and again, and I'd like to get into Metal Gear Online but it just seems a bit over-complicated.

Soldato
I like single player best.

Only really play CoD4 on multi but even then only when my brother is online.

Saying that though I'll be starting the online in Burnout shortly as I've not gave that a blast yet.

Soldato
Since discovering MMO's in 2003, I can't seem to last more than a few hours on singleplayer games without getting bored. I don't really care for a storyline in games so I very rarely become immersed in a single player game, in fact GTA IV is the only sp game I've finished in about 5 years.

It's also good because it works out a hell of a lot cheaper for me due to the fact that I'll buy 1 game and then play it pretty much exclusively for ~4 months. A lot longer still with CoD4.

Back
Top Bottom