Will You Buy Windows 7???

Soldato
Associate
Is that why the EU version is £44.99? As it is a full install instead of an upgrade?
Also, is it worth spending £45 squid when I have a perfectly happy verion of XP running?
AND, what is the difference between home premium and professional. I saw something mentioned about running xp compatible stuff on the Pro version?

Man of Honour
Is that why the EU version is £44.99? As it is a full install instead of an upgrade?

yes EU is full retail, so it's the bargain of the decade.

Also, is it worth spending £45 squid when I have a perfectly happy verion of XP running?

yes, xp is pretty much dead no dx10 or 11 support. It's old and you can tell it's old it is horrible to use.

AND, what is the difference between home premium and professional. I saw something mentioned about running xp compatible stuff on the Pro version?
Look on wiki "windows 7 editions"
All version do xp compatabilty. Pro has xp virtual machine. You would know if you need this.

Permabanned
look people, microsoft have done this because they have two choices, sell them at what people can afford and want, or have the software pirated all over the net, £50 is a bargain, and they know it, and i tell you now they will make more money out of windows 7 than they have made out of any operating system they have produced...

yes the 32bit and 64bit are either on the same disc, or are on seperate disc's like they were on vista (yeah i did buy vista) yeah it was rubbish, i have tried windows 7 RC and it is ace, also it is not the final release.

people do microsoft a favour and buy it, i think they have treated us right this time, nice one bill

Last edited:
Soldato
look people, microsoft have done this because they have two choices, sell them at what people can afford and want, or have the software pirated all over the net, £50 is a bargain, and they know it, and i tell you now they will make more money out of windows 7 than they have made out of any operating system they have produced...

yes the 32bit and 64bit are either on the same disc, or are on seperate disc's like they were on vista (yeah i did buy vista) yeah it was rubbish, i have tried windows 7 RC and it is ace, also it is not the final release.

people do microsoft a favour and buy it, i think they have treated us right this time, nice one bill

Have to say I agree with this; it's a great product at a great price - give it a go :)

Although I thought that Bill was no longer part of the running of MS? Might be wrong...

Permabanned

I don't know why you're thanking Bill. He isn't there any longer. This wasn't is idea. In fact, it has only happened since he left.

He is busy trying to patent (well he has applied for the patent, if it works or not remains to be seen) ways of preventing hurricanes in America by shifting half the pacific ocean around in plastic tubes. I think the guy has lost it.

Back
Top Bottom