Will You Buy Windows 7???

Permabanned
come on people why pirate the bloody software when it it is £50, this is why they have doe it, if i made some thing that went around the world, and it cost £200 but it sold (for argument sake) 4 million coppies, and then it was pirated millions times over you would lose, but if you sold the said same product for (a very good price) and sold muliti millions (if not billions) of coppies, you would make more money, less fines, and no pirating, jezz they are in a win/win situation, if i was a person that made this type of product, i would rather make £10 profit, per item knowing i was going to sell billions of copies world wide, and to top it off knowing that most people would not pirate your software...

microsoft, you are very shrewd

Last edited:
Soldato
come on people why pirate the bloody software when it it is £50, this is why they have doe it, if i made some thing that went around the world, and it cost £200 but it sold (for argument sake) 4 million coppies, and then it was pirated millions times over you would lose, but if you sold the said same product for (a very good price) and sold muliti millions (if not billions) of coppies, you would make more money, less fines, and no pirating, jezz they are in a win/win situation, if i was a person that made this type of product, i would rather make £10 profit, per item knowing i was going to sell billions of copies world wide, and to top it off knowing that most people would not pirate your software...

microsoft, you are very shrewd

ONLY THOSE IN JP, US OR UK CAN GET IT FOR THAT PRICE!!!!!

I've tried all the stores some are already sold out and some are already hiking the prices up some are taking orders but there site is worse than useless and 3 sites require you to enter your billing address using your postcode which is impossible for those outside the UK. So for the 7.5 billion who live outside the countries it's either full price or pirate versions.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Soldato

I've tried all the stores some are already sold out and some are already hiking the prices up some are taking orders but there site is worse than useless and 3 sites require you to enter your billing address using your postcode which is impossible for those outside the UK. So for the 7.5 billion who live outside the countries it's either full price or pirate versions.

Can't you get it from rainforest france or rainforest germany?

edit: http://www.i4u.com/article25864.html

sold out within minutes in germany lol

Last edited:
Associate
heard that there is a win7 'family pack' coming out soon (hopefully by the end of this year lol) isn't that gonna worth more than just one pack of 'E' edition for one computer? presumably its selling in US for $140 something....(MAYBE) if luckily enough, about £80 per family pack?

Soldato
well...right now i'm looking at the most obvious of stores given the er..people who made it..and you can order from the belgian site...49 euros..

Last edited:
Permabanned

mate send me your £50 i will buy it on your behalf, i swear to your i will not rip you off, i am not like that, and most of the overclockers staff know me, maybee not by name but by face.

if you want a copy of HP send me the money and i will forward it to you at my own cost to belgium, thats how much i am willing to help you

Permabanned
heard that there is a win7 'family pack' coming out soon (hopefully by the end of this year lol) isn't that gonna worth more than just one pack of 'E' edition for one computer? presumably its selling in US for $140 something....(MAYBE) if luckily enough, about £80 per family pack?

yesi heard the same thing, and all i bought was 2 copies 1 for me and 1 for my lady, so it cost me £100, i would like the family version but for £59 you cant go wrong.

Associate
If i read 1 more thread about 32bit or 64bit i will scream

ffs read the bloody thread

I have been screaming non-stop since yesterday :mad: Anyway, just ordered two copies, HP and Pro each from two seperate retailers just to make sure I get the damn thing come October. Can always sell the spare one and make a tiny profit few months down the line, can't go wrong with it at that price. With a collosal amount of orders placed in just a few days, many things can go wrong such as "sorry, we can't find your order in the system" :p

Associate
yes EU is full retail, so it's the bargain of the decade.

I'm confused. According to MS site for the Pre-order FAQ's, it states :

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/buy/offers/pre-order-faq.aspx

How do I know if I am eligible for this offer?

To be eligible for the offer, you need to be running a genuine copy of the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating systems.

So is it an upgrade or a full retail version? What if I'm running another OS, can I not install this?

Associate
Permabanned
yeah but if it works, he will be a massive humanitarian, at least he is trying to help the earth with his money.

i was in dom rep at the tail end of a hurricaine, jezz i would not like to be in the middle of one

Umm, he isn't putting any of his money into this scheme. Merely enough just so he can patent things.

Associate
mate send me your £50 i will buy it on your behalf, i swear to your i will not rip you off, i am not like that, and most of the overclockers staff know me, maybee not by name but by face.

if you want a copy of HP send me the money and i will forward it to you at my own cost to belgium, thats how much i am willing to help you

I've done this for my friend in sweden. He seems to be having problems getting a coppy there. Nice offer there woody.

Associate
I would wait for Windows 8 cos it may look nice with new features,etc.. once Windows 7 release this year then MS start to development new Windows 8 and then may come out in 2011/2012 and think MS prefer 64bits only as they wont use 32bits (mentioned in some news few months ago that MS is about to ditch 32bits OS) -- I save up some money for upgrade new hardwares plus Windows 8 by 2011 -- I will wait for new AMD 32nm CPU with AM3

Back
Top Bottom