home Premium or Professional Windows 7 what one should I get?

Associate
I have windows vista home Premium 32bit and would like to upgrade in october, not sure what one to chose out of the two.Though Professional has Run many Windows XP productivity apps feature what does that mean.
Are they both 64bit.
Also will there be directx11 drivers for the 4890?

thnks

Soldato
The run windows XP means basically a virtual machine. You can do this by using VMWare instead.

Can't say anything about DX11 as I'm sure W7 will be running DX10 still. There are both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of both operating systems.

M.

Man of Honour
W7 is dx11.

As for 4890 yes and no. dx10 cards can use parts of dx11 but not full compatibility. That will require a new gfx card IIRC
As for do you need it, do you need any of these features. Remember xp mode is an xp virtual machine and not comparability mode. HP has the compatibility mode.
77566488.jpg

V1N

V1N

Associate
W7 is dx11.

As for 4890 yes and no. dx10 cards can use parts of dx11 but not full compatibility. That will require a new gfx card IIRC
As for do you need it, do you need any of these features. Remember xp mode is an xp virtual machine and not comparability mode. HP has the compatibility mode.
77566488.jpg

Thanks for that.
I preordered the Pro edition yesterday to make sure.
Glad I did, as Remote Desktop Hosting is something I'll want, and I'm also hoping the Windows XP virtualization will support USB devices. My PVR allows files to be transferred to and from it via USB, but only has 32bit XP drivers available*, so I'm hoping that with Windows 7 Pro I'll be able to use the PVR inside the virtual XP machine. I'm not getting my hopes up however, it doesn't work with VirtualPC, nor work properly inside Sun VM.

* there is a way to get it to run in Vista 32bit, but again, I run Vista 64bit and will be upgrading to Windows 7 64bit.

Vin.

Associate
What can you get for £35 quid these days anyway :D It's damn cheap for £80 quid for a full retail of Windows regardless of version, Pro sounds cooler for me so I bought it purely for that reason :D

Soldato
So the main things are that it cant join a domain and the memory limit.

I reckon by the time i have 16gb ram i will be upgrading to windows 8,9 or whatever else. Most people dont have domains at home

Back
Top Bottom