2009 Ashes Series - England vs. Australia **Spoilers**

Caporegime
So how many do you reckon we'll be looking to knock before declaring? or will it be a case of trying to stay in the crease until a rough time period?

Soldato
With 2 full days left i think 500+ would be enough to go out attacking. Anything less and a draw could be on the cards. But i think ENgalnd should get the run rate up. On KP people are forgetting he is carrying an injury, grit imo

Associate
I'd imagine we'd be pulling for a lead of around 550+ to declare on. Then hopefully bowl them out in a similar fashion to their first innings :D

Soldato
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....:rolleyes:

That's the worst thing about the Ashes,people with no idea what so ever about cricket think their opinion should be heard..

Haha yea well everyone is entitled to their opinion, just a shame id be banned if I shared my opinion of you. And for your information I always watch Cricket. And just because I don't rate KP doesnt make my opinion less valuable than anyone elses. Or should we all be sheep and think the same?

Edit* well the game certainly improved when they got rid of KP

Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
Haha yea well everyone is entitled to their opinion, just a shame id be banned if I shared my opinion of you. And for your information I always watch Cricket. And just because I don't rate KP doesnt make my opinion less valuable than anyone elses. Or should we all be sheep and think the same?

Edit* well the game certainly improved when they got rid of KP

It's not about opinions really though, it's more about statistics...

Caporegime
If we can knock 400ish it should be an interesting last couple of days, the Aussies would do well to chase 600 or so runs under pressure.

Soldato
So what amount would be good for australia to chase? What's the last record chase to win?

Commentators suggest 550 would be good.

Last edited:
Soldato
England will need to give themselves at least 5 sessions to bowl out the Aussies so keep playing until mid or until Lunch and then put them in. You also need to factor in weather, I mean wouldn't that suck if the weather saved the Aussies ;)

Soldato
I doubt there's any point in declaring tonight. They'll just come off for bad light straight away.
Don't know why England seem to be making such a song and dance about this, keep bringing the 12th man out to give out messages etc. At the end of the day just keep batting till close of play, might as well end the day 550 ahead and declare as declare now and the Aussies walk off for the light as soon as they walk on.

Back
Top Bottom