Quite a bizzare story

Soldato
The police can and do get things wrong or make them up. I was stopped for driving when on my mobile phone they said I was lying when I said I wasn't as they had both seen me. I said the couldn't have as my phone is two miles away at my house, they spent the next 10 minutes searching the car.

I put a formal complaint in and got an apology, no doubt if a phone was in the car even although it wasn't in my hand I would have got 3 points as even if you take it to court a magistrate is always going to take the word of two police officers.

Soldato
Of course they make mistakes, they're only human. Quite a few times I've seen someone who looks like they're on the phone while driving, when they're just resting their head on their hand or something.

At the end of the day, if you're in the right then you've got nothing to worry about - there's no excuse for giving them attitude for trying to do their job. In the case of the original quote, they would have to be able to back it up with something, and chances are the in car video will do this.

Soldato
Here's an update from him a little further on in the thread but this time, I won't correct his grammar.

That post was absolutely excellent.
More words are spelt incorrectly than correctly!!
I am taking a copy of that post right now - something to show anyone that wants to start an argument on the intelligence level of the "yuff of today".

Associate
Notice how he tells them his name only after they have checked the insurance and noticed their mistake? I think they would have maybe asked him his name earlier! Doesn't add up.

Back
Top Bottom