Forgot how bad job searching was :(

Caporegime
OP
Don't you dare quit before you have something else lined up. :p

No really...You don't understand....

It's more monotonous than sewing...You grab a metal rail thing that palsterers use for edges, line it up, punch holes in it six times, and repeat on the next 3000 or however many are in a pack (edit: CRATE) for 8 hours 0_o

I really can't take it.....this is where I wish I was part polish.

Soldato
No really...You don't understand....

It's more monotonous than sewing...You grab a metal rail thing that palsterers use for edges, line it up, punch holes in it six times, and repeat on the next 3000 or however many are in a pack (edit: CRATE) for 8 hours 0_o

I really can't take it.....this is where I wish I was part polish.

Be glad there's still factory work to do here ;) and of course better than nothing.

Associate
Woohoo, had a callback for a second interview for a marketing job at a law firm :D Not until early August though.

Congrats. I had an interview on thursday with a large insurance company and i've been called back for a second and possibly final interview on tuesday :D I'm up against one of my best mates which is pretty nasty when there is only one job on offer :(

Anyone have any tips? All i have been told is that it is a chat and follow up to my first interview lasting 45mins.

Soldato
Note to self...DO NOT do a job that involves pressing aluminium :O

I've spent two days there...And I can't take it anymore....it's one product, constantly....I'm actually going to linch myself, with a really long sock.

How the hell am I going to last next week?

spent half of last summer moving frozen quorn from the right of me to the left of me.

was pretty much a zombie

also done ye old mail sorting a few times at xmas. stand there putting letters in boxes for 8hours :p this actually led to becoming a postman which i sometimes wish i stuck at

first week is always the hardest with such mundane jobs so keep at it. eventually i think you go a little mentally ill and your brain helps you out by making everything simple seem really interesting/funny

time seems to go quicker after a week or so too. just stay positive and remember that you wont be there forever (unless you are :o)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Having just recently started this job a new vacancy has appeared at a local town hall for the council working as a networking support person. It's only a fraction less pay than what this job is on but the benefit is a 15 minute walk from home instead of an hour driving commute over 19.5miles so not only saving £150 a month on petrol but also cheaper insurance due to less annual mileage and less wear and tear on the car.

I've applied for it so will find out if I have an interview a week or so following the 3rd August...fingers crossed :O

I like this new job here I really do but the cost and personal time benefits of working so close to home outweigh driving almost 40 miles a day covering 2 hours. Even though it's less pay it works out quite a bit more due to the savings involved and so I feel it's the most logical route to take!

As before, good luck to the others seeking too!

league_pauline.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Having just recently started this job a new vacancy has appeared at a local town hall for the council working as a networking support person. It's only a fraction less pay than what this job is on but the benefit is a 15 minute walk from home instead of an hour driving commute over 19.5miles so not only saving £150 a month on petrol but also cheaper insurance due to less annual mileage and less wear and tear on the car.

I've applied for it so will find out if I have an interview a week or so following the 3rd August...fingers crossed :O

I like this new job here I really do but the cost and personal time benefits of working so close to home outweigh driving almost 40 miles a day covering 2 hours. Even though it's less pay it works out quite a bit more due to the savings involved and so I feel it's the most logical route to take!

Good luck with that :)

I've just gotten back from an interview at a hotel, seems there are 30 other people being interviewed as well so I won't find out till the end of the week.

Soldato
Since i last posted here I got two offers and had to turn one down! It means I'm now working two jobs and I'm doing something i like(bikes) in a relaxed and casual shop. I turned down the retail job as I work in halfords 7 hours a week and hate being moaned at to sell people things they don't need.

Caporegime
OP
spent half of last summer moving frozen quorn from the right of me to the left of me.

was pretty much a zombie

also done ye old mail sorting a few times at xmas. stand there putting letters in boxes for 8hours :p this actually led to becoming a postman which i sometimes wish i stuck at

first week is always the hardest with such mundane jobs so keep at it. eventually i think you go a little mentally ill and your brain helps you out by making everything simple seem really interesting/funny

time seems to go quicker after a week or so too. just stay positive and remember that you wont be there forever (unless you are :o)

Ugh...Zombie work...pays the bills I guess :(

Hah! Funny thing is though...it may get easier after a week...I'm only contracted for a week! Unless they really need the help at the end of this week...The crates of metal things just keep coming :eek:

That and I'm supposed to be going on holiday next Wednesday....so that's the only thing keeping me going this week :p

Congrats though, hopefully the new application swings your way buddy :)

Out of interest where is your current job? ;)

Caporegime
OP
Ta!

Where as in location or where as in company? I cannot divulge the latter for obvious reasons :p

As for the former, software engineer in the Portsmouth region ;)

yeah wasn't expecting company name :) As some people here work for quite high up businesses or government thing's.

Cool though...I'm quite jealous at how some people are on here to be quite honest!

My CV must look so de-meaningful against some :(

:p

Soldato
Yup, bloody awful, I'm desperate to work now but out of the 100's of jobs I've applied for I have only heard back from a handful. Not a lot you can do, I'm fairly lucky as I have a position to start my degree at Uni in September and just "about" have the cash to tide me over plus with signing on.

Got a job interview at Sainsburys on Thursday :D

Should keep me till Uni if im Successful

Man of Honour
Good luck man!

yeah wasn't expecting company name :) As some people here work for quite high up businesses or government thing's.

Cool though...I'm quite jealous at how some people are on here to be quite honest!

My CV must look so de-meaningful against some :(

:p

Trust me, paper qualifications wise mine is probably the worst :p My plus points however seem to be more personal attributes and experience over anything else!

Back
Top Bottom