ANNO 1404

Associate
I've just bought this and waiting on it downloading. Earlier when playing the demo i was trying to make Iron. Does the coal burner need to be within range of the iron smelter? or can it just be a market thats in range?

Soldato
I've just bought this and waiting on it downloading. Earlier when playing the demo i was trying to make Iron. Does the coal burner need to be within range of the iron smelter? or can it just be a market thats in range?

It can just be a market, should be fine. Although obviously if you do it that way, the coal burner has to be within range of a market too (whether its the same one or not), so that the coal can be taken to the warehouse. All I do is setup the warehouse about 3 squares away from the mountain-side near the iron deposity, and setup the iron mine, smelter, coal burner, and two tools shops next to it. That way if you need to look for a specific building, you'll know it's all together, near the iron deposit, and not scattered all over the island.

Sometimes it's beneficial to seperate them, if you need really large amounts (i.e, one warehouse with 6 coal burners, one warehouse with 6 smelters, one with the tool shops, weaponsmiths etc), but for a single chain, sticking them all together should be fine.

Associate
Cool, thanks mate. I thought that would be the case but my iron smelter was within range of a market earlier (only just) and was highlighted green when i placed it. But it wasn't highlighted green when i checked after it was built. Bit strange but i shall use that tactic!

If that makes sense... will have a proper go again tonight.

Associate
bought the game today and it wont activate :(
server communication error.
an existing connection was forciibly closed by the remote host.
then trying to activate it the http method times out :(.
wish they would hurry up and crack the game tbh because im tired of buying things legit and then it doesnt work.

I've just bought it as well and having the same problem, i really wanted to play it tonight :(

Last edited:
Associate
I've emailed Ubisoft so will let you know if i get a reply. A few others having problems over on the ANNO and steam forums so it could just be that the servers are down.

Man of Honour
bought the game today and it wont activate :(
server communication error.
an existing connection was forciibly closed by the remote host.
then trying to activate it the http method times out :(.
wish they would hurry up and crack the game tbh because im tired of buying things legit and then it doesnt work.

Sounds like the servers are down to me. This happens quite often. Keep trying every few hours.

Once you've bought the game there is nothing illegal about using a no-cd crack.

Nope, nothing wrong with using a crack so you don't need the DVD in the drive (as long as you own a legal copy of the game!). Why I am loving Steam more and more :)

Soldato
Might sound bit silly but are you sure you have a small trading ship assigned to that route and not a small warship?

Hey there. It is a large trading ship with 6 slots available, although I've now split the routes up so there are two small trading ships doing it. I am using my large trading ships to actually trade with the other NPC players, rather than wasting loads of space sending empty cargo around my islands. It just doesn't seem to like multiple stop routes for whatever reason.

Soldato
What the hell - I'm on the cathedral construction mission. I get to the last stage (glass and tools), and despite delaying Lucius' construction, he still finished first! Now I have to restart or find a save that I may have made.

Soldato
my bought copy does not require the cd in the drive to play.:confused:

The bought copy doesn't require the DVD due to the Tages system. On each run it authenticates in the background (or at least something happens, as a window flashes up really quickly with a progress bar and then disappears) and then runs the game. I've been playing it with my Fallout 3 disk in the drive :)

Soldato
Hey there. It is a large trading ship with 6 slots available, although I've now split the routes up so there are two small trading ships doing it. I am using my large trading ships to actually trade with the other NPC players, rather than wasting loads of space sending empty cargo around my islands. It just doesn't seem to like multiple stop routes for whatever reason.

Hmm that strange then. I have no problem with multiple stops.

I have one of my small ships load 40t of carpets and 40t of indigo from 1 island, drop 20t of carpets on another one and load 15t of coffe. Then it goes to the kingsport to sell carpets and coffe and on the way back to 1st island it drops of indigo on my main island for my book production.

Soldato
Hmm that strange then. I have no problem with multiple stops.

I have one of my small ships load 40t of carpets and 40t of indigo from 1 island, drop 20t of carpets on another one and load 15t of coffe. Then it goes to the kingsport to sell carpets and coffe and on the way back to 1st island it drops of indigo on my main island for my book production.

Yeah I'm not sure why it won't work for me. It might be because it is loading the same commodity at each stop. I can get it to do multiple stops with different goods, but the spice one just won't seem to work. Really weird...

Soldato
Yeah I'm not sure why it won't work for me. It might be because it is loading the same commodity at each stop. I can get it to do multiple stops with different goods, but the spice one just won't seem to work. Really weird...

Try unloading those 40t then load 2x40tons :)

platypus dont think there is anything like that.

Associate
Anyone know how many of each class type you need to increase growth?

i.e. I have 4000 Noblemen, 3500 Patricians, 2000 Citizens and 200 odd peasents. everyone of there wants is green and have stock of almost everything in main warehouse. I cannot get more Noblmen.

I have tried pumping more houses out but they just seem t stay at citizen level. All have the right to auto upgrade.

Have about 500 Envoys on another island but not tried to get more of them yet.

Thoughts?

D13

D13

Associate
What the hell - I'm on the cathedral construction mission. I get to the last stage (glass and tools), and despite delaying Lucius' construction, he still finished first! Now I have to restart or find a save that I may have made.

You need to complete the southern island mission to get access to upgrade that allows faster construction (then mission where you have to deliver box and need lucius flag to do so)

Back
Top Bottom