Going on holiday alone?

Caporegime
I went to Ukraine alone

Did you come back alright ? :(:eek:

I've seen those films and heard the stories ! people traveling alone... :(:eek:

Going on your own can be alright, going with a friend can be good fun, going with a group of friends can be a good laugh.

Depends where you're going, what you're going to do.

Permabanned
i went to the USA for a month by myself the other summer, but i went to places where i had friends, so that doesn't really count :p

although i did have a few days in NYC by myself at the end of the trip, on the way home.
the daytime was fine, as i just went where i wanted, did what i wanted and there was no stress or faffing about arguing.
however, i'm not the sort of person who can do go a bar by themselves and have a great time. so the evenings were a bit **** really. i met up with a mate on the first night, and then went out alone the second, but it was rubbish. i didn't know where i was going and i ended up in **** bars that were either packed or crap.

I had a very similar kind of holiday last year, only when I was in New York for the last 3 days alone I walked around for about half an hour, found a subway sandwhich shop, asked a pretty girl behind me if she was local, and ended up spending all 3 days with her as my tour guide, was absolutely fantastic.

Soldato
I had a very similar kind of holiday last year, only when I was in New York for the last 3 days alone I walked around for about half an hour, found a subway sandwhich shop, asked a pretty girl behind me if she was local, and ended up spending all 3 days with her as my tour guide, was absolutely fantastic.

Cool. You still in touch?

Soldato
I'm always tempted just to sod off somewhere at the weekend for a few days on my own for a break.. Never get round to doing it though as there is always something else to do!

Associate
I'd also like to go away alone but haven't yet quite made the jump to doing full-alone. I've found it good to do some bits alone - eg I went to a work conference in NYC and spent time with my work mates but half the time I was touring the city with a (hot hot hot) girl from LA I met at the conference.
Also went on my own to Finland to help out a company who were having technical problems - got to do it on my own, yet spent half my time with these new Finnish people I was forced to meet!

So the message - if there's a way you can make the mental leap to going on your own yet somehow are gonna do something which forces you to interact with people you'll be golden!

Man of Honour

Did she allow you to put meatballs in the b

Soldato
It's not something that i've done but I do go fell walking alone now and again

Next year i'm going to NZ for a few days with family then Oz to see a mate for a few days, after that I'm thinking of a few days elsewhere but I would be alone and I'm not sure if I would enjoy it

Associate
Advantage would be it forces you to interact with people more and also you get to do what you want when you want without having to fall in with others plans etc.

Permabanned
Going away with mates is great but anything more than a week and spending time with people 24 is going to cause friction so I dont see why going away on your own is a bad idea but you would need to be sociable and easy to talk to.

Back
Top Bottom