ANNO 1404

Soldato
I think im stuck on the 6th mission, the one where you get attacked every 15 min or so and I hate it, gave up after 45 min as I saw I wasn't getting anywhere :(

Soldato
I think im stuck on the 6th mission, the one where you get attacked every 15 min or so and I hate it, gave up after 45 min as I saw I wasn't getting anywhere :(

I did really well on that mission and was annoyed to find that you abandon the island after fighting. The trick is to build walls. Lots of walls.

Soldato
I did really well on that mission and was annoyed to find that you abandon the island after fighting. The trick is to build walls. Lots of walls.
I did the opposite. I didn't build the walls till they started attacking through the ground.

For that mission I basically kept the fight at the coast (but encamped just outside the Keep's range) and had around four fortified towers.

At the start of the mission though, you need to build more production plants so you can keep on providing for your people and make provisional packs for the army.

D13

D13

Associate

Basically defend along the southern shore, it is a losing battle. You wont be expected to defeat the oponent you just have ot hold on for a certain amount of time.

Soldato
Ok guys im very new to the game and i've started my first continuous game. Its still very early days and for some reason some of peasant houses wont upgrade to citizens.

2prz7zr.jpg

o0tmv6.jpg

As you can see all the demands are being met and most of my other inhabitants are already citzens. I cant figure out why no one else can upgrade from peasants.

[Edit] Sorry about the enormous screenshots, i thought the forum would automatically shrink them.

Soldato
I think the game has a set percentage of houses that always remain a level below.
Eg when you have 70% patricians, 20% will remain citizens and 10% will remain peasents (note these figures are made up).

I think its just so your town looks... natural? Like when you go to a big city, not all houses are of the same quality are they.

Soldato
Ok guys im very new to the game and i've started my first continuous game. Its still very early days and for some reason some of peasant houses wont upgrade to citizens.

snipety snip snip

As you can see all the demands are being met and most of my other inhabitants are already citzens. I cant figure out why no one else can upgrade from peasants.

[Edit] Sorry about the enormous screenshots, i thought the forum would automatically shrink them.

From the looks of it, you already have enough Citizens and don't have any more available slots for Citizens as you can only have a certain amount, which I find completely rubbish :/ You can check by clicking on your marketplace and checking the tabs (the one that looks like an upward arrow pointing from Peasants to Citizens). If it says something like 16/16 Citizens it means that you can't have any more yet until you build more Peasant houses and get more available slots.

Soldato
Cool, thanks mate. I thought that would be the case but my iron smelter was within range of a market earlier (only just) and was highlighted green when i placed it. But it wasn't highlighted green when i checked after it was built. Bit strange but i shall use that tactic!

If that makes sense... will have a proper go again tonight.

It could be that the iron smelter was in range of the market, but the market wasn't in range of the iron smelter (because the smelter has a smaller range than the market). The smelter has to actually pick the goods up from the market, as opposed to the market guys taking the goods to the smelter (it'd make sense - give them the ore and coal, and take away the iron, but that's not the way it works).

Associate

Snip

Like Inazuma said, there is some kind of hidden percentage that determines the type of people in your city., kind of realistic somewhat coz your always gonna have peasants in any city.

If you click on the marketplace you will get some figures showing the different types of people available to the city and the maximum amount of houses that particular type of person can occupy, e.g

Peasant - 5/5
Citizen - 16/16

So basically your always gonna have some of the lower class people in any city you make :)

Soldato
Thanks guys.

I started another game as my orginal island was a bad choice due to its small size and on my new there are a few 'bear caves' with 700+ skins or whatever.

Thing is, i have no idea what to do with them. I have patricians now but I still cant find a building type that uses bear skins.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Thanks guys.

I started another game as my orginal island was a bad choice due to its small size and on my new there are a few 'bear caves' with 700+ skins or whatever.

Thing is, i have no idea what to do with them. I have patricians now but I still cant find a building type that uses bear skins.

Any ideas?

They are used to make Fur items for the Noblemen which are after Patricians as Inazuma pointed out. Patricians will need leather jerkins though, however you build pig farms to get the leather for those.

Associate
I only bought it because of this thread, what a game, playing the campaign and it's gets to be a real challenge, makes a nice change from shooting things.

Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm having trouble getting my citizens to upgrade to Patricians. At the moment i have abour 200 patricians and 3,000 citizens. I'm meeting all my citizens needs and have their taxes set to as low as possible and ascension rights are not be blocked. But for whatever reason they just wont upgrade. If i click on my marketplace it says they're not meeting the required ascension rights.

I cant think what else i need to do other supply my citizens needs and have their taxes low. I've tried just building more and more homes but i just end up with more and more peasants and citizens.

Soldato
Arghhhhhhh! I started a continous game and am 2 hrs in. One of the players declared war with me and has built a keep on my island, and an army about to land!
What do I do?!?! I don't have any patricians and so cant make an army.

Soldato
Arghhhhhhh! I started a continous game and am 2 hrs in. One of the players declared war with me and has built a keep on my island, and an army about to land!
What do I do?!?! I don't have any patricians and so cant make an army.

Try to appease them. Go into the diplomacy panel from the bottom right, and try to ingratiate with them or pay tributes, and make sure to stay friends with them in the future.

Associate
I had nomads earlier on, tried to settle them on the desert land so I could grow some dates and spices. That plan failed as no sooner I build market place and a few houses they went mentally irregular (rocky 3) and started torchin each other houses.

Switched it off at that point...

Back
Top Bottom