battlefield 2142, does anyone still play ?

If lots of people are playing this from ocuk I might have to give it another whirl.

Link2Insanity is my name in it (not enough characters for "Link to Insanity" :( ) if you want to add me :)

I was never much good at this though...

Associate
hmm might get back into this myself. I preferred the 'feel' of BF2 but agree 2142 is actually the better game...

Loved the walkers.

When is the remake of BF1942 coming out?

Associate
I still play a bit when I get chance, My fave out of all the Battlefield series! Like eekfek said, it has the balance the BF2 didn't.

Add SweetSugarHigh :)

Associate
Ah fond memories of corridor carnage, ammo box spamage and that strange vertigo rush you got blasting up in a pod to the Titan.
I found it more of an intense fling with a wild misstress rather than the long term daily grind of a wife like BF2.
Unfairly slated by critics but I thought the Titan games were just MP classics.

Soldato
I play too much flippin L4D to enjoy anything else (all links fault, he keeps dragging me in) i wanna get back into 2142. I wasn't much good though. Don't even know how to get on the titan ship thingy

Soldato
Did the ever fix the lag and problems with moving the titan? I used to remember whole servers becoming unplayable if titans were moved, and combat inside them when moving was based more on luck than skill.

Associate
Still play it 2-3 hrs a day when at home....its the only online shooter I still play...think ive nothed up about 70 odd days online time since it came out. Used to play with you also Stinka with OcUK tags...add me if you want ... IGN..Toxxxic10. Im away for a few weeks at the moment so you wont find me online much for a bit.
The game is still very, very popular...m ost of the goods servers are still going and are full nearly all of the time. I dont play titan much at all now..more just conquest or infantry only.

Patiently waiting for BF3...so I can destroy another 3 years of my life :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I never really liked it. I pre ordered it as I love BF2 but I never liked BF2142 at the time
there was that massive bug with the titan....Were you would get stuck and couldn't move?

In fact just checked my stats I've only played it for a total of 4hrs

Enrollment Date 06-10-20 04:28
Last played 06-10-24 16:28

That means when it came out on the 20th I only played it for 4 days since 2006 :O

I must dig it out.

Soldato
I'm still playing this and would love to hop on with some other UK lads if you guys are still playing? Can't fly great, but pretty nifty on the ground. Add me if you like (same name as on here)

Soldato
Brilliant game, handles vehicular+infantry much better than BF2 in my opinion, much more 'balanced' feel when playing.

Pros
1. Better class design - engineer actually worth a dam combined with anti-tank.
2. No more medical miracle packs - only slow healing boxes.
3. Better map design - weather it's titan or conquest - some fabulous maps.
4. No planes - woo!
5. Northern Strike is actually worth the money.
6. Unlocks galore!

Cons
1. Voss L-AR. Nub gun.
2. In-Titan combat can be a little...weird depending on the server but it's a dream compared to release.
3. Squad beacons :(

Caporegime
thinking of getting this as its on the ea download for a 5 er for te deluxe pack. quite a few of our clan play it but ive never played it myself :(

think ill grab it later.

Back
Top Bottom