Anyone else really dislike children?

Associate
Yes we all were children once etc but does anyone else never want any of their own? I see them as expensive, stressful messy things

Whilst this is true (of my two anyway), watching them grow and develop coupled with the love means although at times they drive me almost to murder I wouldn't be without them for some reason.

I have no free time, so I wonder what I wasted so much on before I had kids. Sorry not a hate the kids post, but a kind of the reasomn you hate them is also strangely something that makes them appealing!!:p

Soldato
Nope! Think they are absolutely fascinating little things, immensely frustrating but also have the capability to be immensely entertaining. Think they're brilliant :)

clearly the majority of you swapped your fun gland to pay for more pc parts
This :p Mind you, IT geeks in social awkardness shocker :p

Soldato
Nope! Think they are absolutely fascinating little things, immensely frustrating but also have the capability to be immensely entertaining. Think they're brilliant :)

Pretty much sums it up for me

I love my nephews and niece , they're a constant source of amusement

Associate
I can't stand them and honestly don't ever want any of my own. I have a 4 year old niece who i just find so annoying, can't get 5 seconds peace around her without her wanting something, or crying/whining etc.

Caporegime
I love kids, i have a nephew and niece...hes 6 and shes 10 and i adore the life out of them...treat them as if they were my own and spoil the living hell out of them especially my nephew...who i call my little gangsta:p. Great thing is that they arrive from Canada on fri for a month to stay with us and i cannot wait...the only disadvantage is that they live in Canada but then im usually there 3-4 times a yr so i see plenty of them.

I cant wait to have my own tbh..although need to find a woman crazy enough to have mine:p...

One thing ill never quite get my head around is people saying they dont want to have kids...mind you most of the lot in here that have posted are probably kids themselves but i think u will find that once your a fair bit older your opinions will have changed.

Associate
It amazes me how many adults are 'scared' of kids.

Maybe thats because if you talk to them you get accused of things
If you are sitting near them you get dirty looks
If you tell them off for something you risk a punch in the face ...

A few days ago I told some kids off for pulling plants out ofagarden and they threatened to report me for attempted adduction (about 7 years old)
In a supermarket a while back a 10year old was removing stuff from the freezers and putting it on top of shelfs I told him notto be silly he returned with his dad after telling him I called him stupid and wanted to fight me :rolleyes:

Kids of today are like the untouchables and they know it ,even the parents can't smack them anymore so they run riot .

Associate
Seeing as we all were children how can you dislike what you went through.

I love children, dislike drunk teenagers.

we were all drunk teenagers once as well :p

i like children (minus the ones on council estates swearing at the age of 6), can see why people don't though

Last edited:
Soldato
I like most kids ive met/talked/played with. Have a (nearly) 3 year old, and another on the way. Loads of my mates have kids 1-3 yrs (or on the way) so adjusted my life to cater for em.

Previous to that, didnt really think much or interact with them. Some kids are cool and im startled by what 2 year olds can say, do, or realise. Some are just absolute brats, see lots of them down at the beach here, cant say it doesnt cross my mind to fling some of em into the sea..... :D Usual thing though, dont know how much is down to the childs character, or its upbringing, different debate I guess...

Associate
Depends on the kids really, some are better than others, bit like adults really, seen more mixed age gatherings ruined by adult behavoir than kids. maybe its the times I do shopping but tend to see more disruptive adults than kids.

Caporegime
I'm fairly good with kids, being a kid at heart, and I get along really well with my gf's 13 year old sister, who alone kinda restores my faith in kids, insomuch as that I don't think they are all noisy, chavvy oiks.

As for those so vehemently against having them, is it possible that you are of the ilk less likely to actually end up married any way? :p

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I don't really like children, they irritate me a lot with their shortness and high voices. Don't particularly want children of my own either, too expensive and irritating. Plus, I probably won't ever get married, so its perhaps a good thing I won't have children.

Saying that, I'm only 18, so still got (touch wood) lots of life ahead of me!

Back
Top Bottom