*****PRE-ORDER: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate E*****

Soldato
What's wrong with just releasing one version of the os?

Also what does it mean by 'Application Capabilities'? Does it mean the 'Home Starter' version can only run three programs at once?

Soldato
Far too expensive. Add to that the fact that Windows XP is a better Operating System and has been since it was released... well, you do the maths.

You *MUST* be a troll. Because if you aren't, the levels that you just failed aren't even able to be expressed with a million facepalm pictures.

Soldato
Don't know why everyone's so surprised at the XP comment.

Irrational hatred of Vista onwards has been widespread and loudly proclaimed for ages.

What gets me is the pure fail of not even trying the thing first. I am sorry but if you are having issues with the OS you are *doing it wrong* unless a program doesn't support it.

I am even using an old build, and the only bug I have is that on occasion my desktop gadgets kind of have a bug and don't load fully and require a restart. But I know that is my fault because I am using an extremely old release of W7.

Soldato
Don't know why everyone's so surprised at the XP comment.

Irrational hatred of Vista onwards has been widespread and loudly proclaimed for ages.

because it just doesnt work? only thing that does work is your standard windows stuff like IE, WMP etc. Games, nothing works at all, so i have to boot up to WinXP.:(

PS what good is Windows 7 without Internet Explorer? Windows has had Internet Explorer since Win95, so why not anymore? Massive backwards step.

Soldato
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Windows 7 Ultimate E does not contain an Internet browser. We recommend that you obtain an Internet browser from Microsoft or a third party, and have the application available on CD/DVD or other device to install after Windows 7 installation completes

Thanks, European Union scumbags :(

What a waste of ****ing time.

The more I think about it, the more irritated I get. Some poor fools with no other machines are going to get screwed over. Theres just no logic, no reason to it. You need a browser to get a different browser in the first place. Does anyone in the European Commision even understand how a computer works? Remember the laughable edition they forced Microsoft to make without Windows Media Player? It had 1,787 sales.

Last edited:
Soldato
PS what good is Windows 7 without Internet Explorer? Windows has had Internet Explorer since Win95, so why not anymore? Massive backwards step.
The EU or some such thought it was anti-competitive to allow MS to bundle their browser with their OS.

Thanks, European Union scumbags :(

What a waste of ****ing time.

The more I think about it, the more irritated I get. Some poor fools with no other machines are going to get screwed over. Theres just no logic, no reason to it. You need a browser to get a different browser in the first place. Does anyone in the European Commision even understand how a computer works? Remember the laughable edition they forced Microsoft to make without Windows Media Player? It had 1,787 sales.
Anyone who has the means to install windows themselves will also have the means to get a browser downloaded beforehand or afterwards on another PC. It even says on the package that they will need to make provisions.

Manufacturers like DELL will just put IE or Firefox on themselves.

Soldato
Glad I read through this. I will not be buying either, I have no faith that this is £190 better than arch. Still I'm pleased that windows 7 is going down well.

Soldato
because it just doesnt work? only thing that does work is your standard windows stuff like IE, WMP etc. Games, nothing works at all, so i have to boot up to WinXP.:(
Works fine for me, the only problems I've had is in x64 where a few random obscure indie programs I can do without won't work. But there's not much MS can do about that really.

Back
Top Bottom