More BBC propaganda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Typical cheap white loaf
Wheat Flour, Water, Yeast, Salt, Vegetable Oil, Soya Flour, Emulsifiers (Mono- and Di-Acetyltartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids), Preservative (Calcium Propionate), Flour Treatment Agent (L-Ascorbic Acid)

Where is the animal fat. If your going to believe crap, at least make sure the claims are at least possible.

Mono- and Di-Acetyltartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids

Man of Honour
Deer God. your talking rubbish. Di-Acetyltartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids can be made for vegans.
Just because it says fatty does not make it animal.

It's usually made with soya beans if it's used for vegetarian food.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Over decades you will ingest vast quantities of pestcides and other compunds, a glass is a lot but what is the safe amount? I have done a lot of work on the remediation of contaminated land and I knoiw the levels of compounds that cause harm, they are very small indeed. There is also no study on the combined affect of the chemicals, pesticide A on an apple may react with the antifungal B in bread to create a poison C. You don't know because they would rather publish tabloid trash like this.

Before you lot start spouting crap about 'bad science' may I remind you of the recent story from Corby. The chemicals are used to increase profit and not for your benefit, the niavety of some of you people is astounding.

Soldato
Over decades you will ingest vast quantities of pestcides and other compunds, a glass is a lot but what is the safe amount? I have done a lot of work on the remediation of contaminated land and I knoiw the levels of compounds that cause harm, they are very small indeed. There is also no study on the combined affect of the chemicals, pesticide A on an apple may react with the antifungal B in bread to create a poison C. You don't know because they would rather publish tabloid trash like this.

Before you lot start spouting crap about 'bad science' may I remind you of the recent story from Corby. The chemicals are used to increase profit and not for your benefit, the niavety of some of you people is astounding.

It is very true that we need to do more studies as to the long term effects of pesticides. There just isn't enough knowledge out there. It seems that no-one's really interested in funding it either :(

However, I'd be surprised if most people didn't expect that companies tend to do things for their profit rather than the consumer, it's the nature of capitalism.

Caporegime

So what about the pesticides used on organic food how come they are "harmless"?

Also while you may consume vast quantities it doesn't all stay inside you you pass it out :/

Man of Honour
So what about the pesticides used on organic food how come they are "harmless"?

Also while you may consume vast quantities it doesn't all stay inside you you pass it out :/

I suppose the unborn children at Corby just passed it out as well. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour

Some do, some don't. Which can lead to build ups.
There has been a lot of research and they have clamped down after the last case. Remember what the chemical was called. Started building up and killed lot's of wildlife.

It's not as if pesticides are a new thing. We have been consuming them for many decades.

Soldato

But organic food doesn't really address this. If they were to address this, wouldn't they just use the safest pestacide/fungacide or combination, rather than one that is natural? Keeping in mind that nothing isn't always an option (blight in potatoes, for example).

I'm somewhat confused why you are calling this "tabloid trash". I've not seen anyone yet post anything to critique the paper in question, which might provide some interesting discussion?

I can't see how that is in any way related to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom