Cancel your Orange contract now!

Associate
OP
I fanyone speaks to orange can you ask them if it also covers business tariff's thanks
I;m struggling to get out of a Mis-sold contract and this would help save me £5k

Why don't you just try calling them?

I managed to get out of a £900 month old contract.

I have two contracts with them, one with a great deal it isn't worth me cancelling it, e.g. I get 1600 minutes, unlimited text, 500mb internet, magic numbers, free home BB and at the time a free N96 all for £20 pm

Soldato
I tried that as well but the guy just wouldn't have it, said till I get some direct from orange(email/text/letter) it doesn't apply under their t&c. I did say that over the phone also counts but he kept saying I have to wait till I get the text.

as I said I hope he hasn't put anything on my account as I've read at least one person say they had a note put on their account saying that they're not elligable so doesn't matter who they speak to they get the same reply(this is on the moneysupermarket forum).

going to try again in a bit.

In regards to the text, once they have admitted that it affects you point out that clause 4.3 clearly states that you have a right to cancel 'within one month of us telling you about the changes).'. 'Telling you' is impliedly defined (poorly written contract tbh) in clause 16. 16.1(c) clearly states that this includes ' communicated directly by any means'. Therefore them telling you over the telephone is good enough. HOWEVER the contract imputes a duty on you to inform them via WRITTEN means so they are correct to say that your request to cancel given over the phone is not good enough. Written form CAN include e-mails and faxes though - so whoever is the first to find their e-mail address and fax number wins a cookie.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why don't you just try calling them?

I managed to get out of a £900 month old contract.

I have two contracts with them, one with a great deal it isn't worth me cancelling it, e.g. I get 1600 minutes, unlimited text, 500mb internet, magic numbers, free home BB and at the time a free N96 all for £20 pm

I was going to but I dont want to make too many calls and have it registered on my account that I'm trying to get out of my contract.

It appears to be only covering consumer accounts at the moment not business ones and mainline appear to think the same

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I was going to but I dont want to make too many calls and have it registered on my account that I'm trying to get out of my contract.

It appears to be only covering consumer accounts at the moment not business ones and mainline appeare to think the same

Orange only cancelled on my 5-6th attempt!

If I had your account details, I would happily call and cancel, just like I've done for 3 friends who now have shiny new top of the range phones.

Just give it a shot...

Soldato
How long does the PAC code take to get delivered?

3-5days tho I've read people have said they recieved it in like 2days.
I can't remember how long mine took to arrive as I asked for it after christmas but then ended up upgrading to the touch hd so the pac was cancled tho I still recieved it through the post.

Soldato
just cancelled it:).............try this gave ofcom a call and get a ref number call orange ,and then they will call you back and with in 5 minutes all done....
Ooh I missed this post! I love the sneakyness of it. I think it will work especially well in my case because they said if I wrote in they still wouldn't do it and upon me telling them that's a breach of contract and against Ofcom guidelines they all, but said 'meh'.

<runs off to ofcom website>

EDIT:
The Ofcom Advisory Team is open Monday-Friday between 09:00 and 17:00.

* Our phone number is 020 7981 3040 or 0300 123 3333

Last edited:
Soldato
just tried and was told I can cancle but have to wait till I recieve the text, he was much nicer than the 1st guy. said they're doing it this way to stop everyone from canceling all at once.

think I'll leave it for now and try again next week or some thing.

Soldato
is anyone going to do what i am doing

cancel
get ported to payg
and then get another orange contract so i continue to get my free phone and internet ?

:p

Soldato
just spoken to a orange representative who has told me it can only be processed when i have recieved the message, however she then told me that every one will be getting the message and that as soon as i do i can cancel. happy days.

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to know how many customers they have lost due to this,all my friends have left. So do you think there slight amended in costs was worth it or a oversight on there part?

Associate
Got my text and gave them a ring, first lady said i couldnt cancel till september so i told her i know thats not true and basicly called her a liar and hunjg up on her.

Next person i spoke to has sent me a new sim card which when i activate will cancel this contract and take the number. I can then put that number onto my other orange contract ;)

Soldato
When I phoned I just said I have read on the internet that there has been changes to my terms and cond, and according to the terms I agreed to I may cancel my contract if this occurs and that was it really.

Back
Top Bottom