Zeitgeist...amazing film..

Caporegime
That is barely scratching the surface. I just have you a couple of examples as to where to start.

The fact is this argument will never end. It will always be those who've researched verses those who'd rather carry on being disalussioned such as yourself.

This will carry on unless a UFO lands at the world cup final.

Which is not going to happen.

I also, like the dismissal of me, someone that is "disillusioned", because although I've read in to many conspiracy theories, I see them as no more then complicated fiction, at the best of times.

Associate
Which is not going to happen.

I also, like the dismissal of me, someone that is "disillusioned", because although I've read in to many conspiracy theories, I see them as no more then complicated fiction, at the best of times.

This debate lacks direction. Your are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine and its quite obvious none of us are going to change it, lol.

Personally, I hope something happens in our lifetime so I can laugh in your face (i just had to mention that).

Caporegime
This debate lacks direction. Your are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine and its quite obvious none of us are going to change it, lol.

Personally, I hope something happens in our lifetime so I can laugh in your face (i just had to mention that).

getting personal ? not very nice.

Seeing as nothing will happen, I'll be laughing now, with many other people until the end of our lives :)

This debate doesn't lack direction, the film looks to be an amateur film, about some conspiracy theories, most of which are fiction.

Can't be bothered to continue this "debate" with you.

*looking at the Skeptic site, thanks for the link*

Associate
getting personal ? not very nice.

Seeing as nothing will happen, I'll be laughing now, with many other people until the end of our lives :)

This debate doesn't lack direction, the film looks to be an amateur film, about some conspiracy theories, most of which are fiction.

Can't be bothered to continue this "debate" with you.

*looking at the Skeptic site, thanks for the link*

Actually, it wasnt personal, I was injecting some humour into it.

Although that appeared to go right over your head ;)

Also, I've already agreed zeitgeist is flawed :S

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone who outright denies it calling people crazy and so on without looking at the evidence and formulating there own opinion is close minded and would probably prefer to remain disallusioned, taking everything they say on TV as gospel.

/rant

So if I look at the evidence and can still call it rubbish in a broad sense then am I close(d) minded? As with many conspiracy theories it takes a couple of (vaguely) reasonable points and then tries to hang a whole host of fanciful assertions on them as if the credibility of the reasonable points will somehow carry the blatently exaggerated or flat out untruths that are attached.

Soldato
I recently watched these films and looked for something to debunk it but all I could find was religious types banging on about the first part, I know there's 911 stuff all over the place but is there anything that really looks at the financial stuff ?

Man of Honour
It's not amazing it's crud. It's half truths mixed with a whole load lies. That entice the gullible who don't do any research.

Last edited:
Soldato
The big problem with the average conspiracy theory (and anything presented by Zeitgeist falls into this catagory) is that, unike say a good scientific or even theological theory, the ideas behind the theory are oft presented as fact.

It's for this very reason people dislike michael moores films. No one is going to say what he puts out there is 100% wrong, but he presents it to be 100% right with no possible wiggle room for the fact he may be wrong himself.

Personally I am of the opinion that there is no grand scheme, no formal NWO, but as with all things im sure that some people have perhaps more power than they should.

This is basic human nature, the way it has always been and I imagine the way it will always be.

Conspiracy theorists typically have very good imaginations, but it all boils down to the same thing, someone somewhere is controlling the world, or is going to, and as a result of this, everybodies personal failings can be explained OR our nice way of life is in trouble. Doesn't work like that i'm afraid, as much as they would like to believe that there are one or two people out there with that kind of power, I find it highly unlikely that there actually are. We're largely in charge of our own successes/failures i'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom