Cancel your Orange contract now!

Soldato
To be honest I kinda skipped that part of the understanding and focused more on my case where the dealer has made the cockup.

In Ben's case surely the best thing would be for all his customers (those after the 120days) to cancel and then re-sign with him therfore doubling his commission within the same year.
BONUS

Associate
Do you guys think it is worth me cancelling. I never go over the limits (though 25mb a day for internet doesn't sound a lot).

600 mins, unlimited sms, 250mb internet. Nokia 5800. £19.57 per month.

Not sure if I can be bothered to cancel and change operator.]

edit,

got my sms today.

Associate
Its a free get out of jail (err contract) card. So if you don't like some aspect of you're contract, or can get a cheaper deal from orange retentions or somewhere else, then that's one reason.

Another reason is that even tho you cancel you're contract you keep you're existing phone. Then you can signup on a new deal with free phone, and ebay/sell the old one.

Yeah its hassle, but you're usually way up in money if you do it :)

Its _one_ of the only ways to terminate a contract early (there's others but they get messy).

EDIT: oh and of course, there's also the actual reason why you're allowed to cancel - if the changes affect you price wise.

Soldato
if I wanted to take advantage of the o2 12month sim only offer with the £100 cashback through quidco(I use quidco but other cashback sites are also offering this I assume), will I need the pac code at hand when I sign up or can I give it to o2 later? the £100 offer ends monday so I would have to sign up asap, would be asking for the pac tomorrow so should get it by the end of next week.

I was thinking about asking for transfering my number payg rather than getting a pac code for nor, keeping an eye on what was coming out over the following months and deciding what to do. but with the £100 cash back on the o2 simplicity 20 12months(~£140 over the period) I'm now thinking of that, but if I'd need the pac at hand then I'll just go ahead with the payg request tomorrow.

Permabanned
if I wanted to take advantage of the o2 12month sim only offer with the £100 cashback through quidco(I use quidco but other cashback sites are also offering this I assume), will I need the pac code at hand when I sign up or can I give it to o2 later? the £100 offer ends monday so I would have to sign up asap, would be asking for the pac tomorrow so should get it by the end of next week.

I was thinking about asking for transfering my number payg rather than getting a pac code for nor, keeping an eye on what was coming out over the following months and deciding what to do. but with the £100 cash back on the o2 simplicity 20 12months(~£140 over the period) I'm now thinking of that, but if I'd need the pac at hand then I'll just go ahead with the payg request tomorrow.
great deal offer ends on the 3rd August

Soldato
yes I know that's why I said I'll go ahead with the payg rather than the pac if I need the pac code at hand when ordering, I did mention in my previous post it ends monday(3rd).

anyone got the answer to my question?

Associate
My contract started around 26th-27th June 2009. Nokia N86, 24 month contract, 1200 mins, unlimited text, 500mb net £30 pm on Dolphin 40...

Fully cancelled, PAYG sim on the way. NEVER got the text. The customer rep checked the "first system" and said it didn't apply and then checked "another" system and said it would apply and therefore will cancel now. This was my 5th-6th call.

I said what should I do with the handset, he said "Keep it, it's yours now"

:)

Chris344, so you were only a month into a 24 month contract!! I took a contract out at the start of July, not received a text yet but curious as to if I'm going to be affected. A made a couple of 08 and international calls and been charged at old rates, but lots of people are saying that contracts in June and July have the prices inc from Sept automatically. I cannot see anything in my contract or pay monthly guide to indicate this. Did you just phone up and ask?

Soldato
janesy not recieved your text yet?

I got mine today just before noon, I didn't call today as I mentioned I've been trying to decide if I should get the o2 simplicity 12month deal.

if I do go that route will need to get my touch hd unlocked as its sim locked to orange, or get another sim free mobile (such as the hero) or even a payg iphone 3gs(I've been against getting the iphone all this time but playing with my jailbroken ipod touch 32gb 1st gen upgraded to 3.0 over the last month or so has got me tempted). the only simfree phone I have is the 5yr old nokia 6600.

Associate
janesy not recieved your text yet?

I got mine today just before noon, I didn't call today as I mentioned I've been trying to decide if I should get the o2 simplicity 12month deal.

if I do go that route will need to get my touch hd unlocked as its sim locked to orange, or get another sim free mobile (such as the hero) or even a payg iphone 3gs(I've been against getting the iphone all this time but playing with my jailbroken ipod touch 32gb 1st gen upgraded to 3.0 over the last month or so has got me tempted). the only simfree phone I have is the 5yr old nokia 6600.

Hey Fowler002, when did you take out your contract. Was it a new contract or renewal? Cheers

Soldato
Hey Fowler002, when did you take out your contract. Was it a new contract or renewal? Cheers

it was a renewal, got it start of january tho the renewed contract didn't kick in till 26th january(I phoned to renew after christmas, I recieved the handset on 5th january).

got the original contract april 2007(racoon 35, £35/month), after the 18months ended it ran 1 more month before I switched to sim only racoon 15(£15/month). than after a couple of month on the sim only my current contract(racoon 30, £25/month + £5/month for 500mb internet) started.

Associate

youcan give your PAC code up to 6 months into your new contract so dont worry about needing it before offer expires

Back
Top Bottom