Books that have changed your life

Soldato
as the title reads

any self development books that have influenced you in terms of finance,materialism etc

(no marketing copyrighted or commericial books please, ie do this to become rich etc)

one of mine is "Rich Dad , Poor Dad" by Robert T. Kiyosaki

Soldato
Rich Dad Poor Dad? It simply states the obvious, imo. Invest wisely and live off it. It's been a while since I read it but the investment opportunities the author looked at seemed incredibly narrow.

Soldato
though ive only gotten into reading lately (wasnt a big fan couple of years back) i did find 'Into the wild' something special, though its probably not that amazing in comparison to other books mentioned, hasnt exactly changed my life but it makes me think about society in general sometimes, and how far we've come to surving in on our own in a way. imo.

Soldato
From a conspiracists point of view? OR just as good novels?

I would have to say I never got any conspiracy vibe from either novel, care to enlighten me maybe I am missing something.

I just found that they were exceptionally well written and contained quite a good philosophy, especially Atlas Shrugged. A lot of the characters were quite parodied in some situations although I feel they had to be to push the morals of the story across - but I could see a lot of parallels with the world at the moment.

Rich

Soldato
Camus - The Myth of Sisyphus
Diane Raymond - Existentialism and the Philosophical Tradition
Haruki Murakami - Sputnik Sweetheat

Back
Top Bottom