Cancel your Orange contract now!

Associate
Any ideas how long Orange take to send out payngo sim cards once you terminate contract and asked to be moved to payngo ? They said 30 days to me, surly that cant be right ? a bit long aint it ? should have just asked for pac code.

Soldato
What's the benefits to cancelling here?

A) you have a nice smartphone and basically get to keep it for free
B) Yuo've changed your mind abotu your contract and dont have to wait 18 months to get out?

Is that it? Trying to decided if it's worth following this up. My phone is old, i'm 2 months from renewal and leaving the country before the end of the year :/

Associate
I got my Orange contract the day the N97 came out. Havent had a text or anything from orange yet> After reading this though im not sure what to do because ive got the orange internet thing but i really dont want charged for it because i just use the wireless internet at home instead because its faster

Soldato
I just cancelled mine.

First woman wasn't having any of it, second man was like - Yep that's fine I can see that you've received the text message (I haven't but the charges will effect me).

So time to look for a new phone and probably sell the Touch HD!

Soldato
!!!!!!!! RAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cancelled mine last week, PAC code still hasn't came so phoned today turns out I have never requested it nor phoned and the guy will not cancel until I get the text :|

Permabanned
I'm on Orange Monthly sim only tariff 1 month rolling contract and they offered my an extra 100mins so I'm happy with that, surprised they offered me anything being on a rolling contract.

Soldato
Hmmmmmmmmm I find myself in a dilemma after reading this.

Now I would love to get a new phone that would be great but currently I have this.....

700x-net anytime Minutes
Unlimited Texts + Extra 1000 sitting there for some reason
Unlimited Internet (500MB)
This costs me only £22.50 per month and my upgrade is coming up on 13th November.

Is there a very similar or better deal out there in which to tempt me into cancelling my Orange contract? I currently have an HTC Touch Diamond so another smartphone style thing would do.

See you can spec me out of my contract if you get me something better. I'm never over my limits so I guess it wont affect me so much.

Soldato
jesus, i wish id took out a new contract a week or 2 sooner, iv only had my n97 about 9days and I had this fair usage thing when I signed up to it, so by the looks of things if it had been a few weeks sooner I could have cancelled my orange contract because of this and kept the phone(due to it not being orange's handset?)
That would have been great. Oh well, Iphone here I come.

Soldato
Hmmmmmmmmm I find myself in a dilemma after reading this.

Now I would love to get a new phone that would be great but currently I have this.....

700x-net anytime Minutes
Unlimited Texts + Extra 1000 sitting there for some reason
Unlimited Internet (500MB)
This costs me only £22.50 per month and my upgrade is coming up on 13th November.

Is there a very similar or better deal out there in which to tempt me into cancelling my Orange contract? I currently have an HTC Touch Diamond so another smartphone style thing would do.

See you can spec me out of my contract if you get me something better. I'm never over my limits so I guess it wont affect me so much.

Er that sounds quite good?? have you been with Orange a while or haggled with them to get that deal? Mine is same phone on Dolphin 35, so £35 a month (£25 with redemption), no internet, 600 mins, unlimited texts?

Soldato
Hey,

I rang up today and cancelled my contract with Orange - spoke to a really pleasant lady who just checked whether or not I had received the text, then sent me on my merry way with a PAC code! Where do I go now though?! O2 SIMplicity 12 months w/ Quidco seems like the smart choice. I thought it was supposed to expire yesterday, but it's still showing up on the Quidco site with no expiry date next to it? In case it does expire, are there any other good SIM only deals floating around?

For reference, I was on Racoon 25 (300 mins, 300 texts, unlimited land line calls) paying £26pm with OrangeCare & itemised billing (didn't realise there was a £1.50 charge for this!). It was an 18 month contract which I *think* was due to expire March 2010, so I must have taken it out July/August 2008 roughly!

Cheers,

Su

Associate
Just got off the phone with Orange. They offered me a good will gesture of upping my internet to 500mb for free from 250mb to stay with my current contract.

Currently I am paying £19.57 for 600min/unlimited sms/250mb internet. Free Nokia 5800. 18 month contract.

Been with them for 2 or 3 months so far without a problem. They said that they could cancel etc without a problem but I would be returning as a new customer if I could to and that I wouldn't get the same deal again. I am on Dolphin 35 with discounts.

So is a new phone and a more expensive tariff if I get the same that I have worth cancelling the above just to be able to sell the Nokia 5800 for a few £££.

There aren't any phones that have really caught my eye either at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom