O2 Vs Vodafone

Soldato
Have been looking at moving to O2 for an iPhone, but Vodafone's customer retentions team have been try to do some deal (12 years with them).

How do people rate the services between the two?

Also to add to the mix I hear Vodafone may be getting the iPhone later this year? IF it's the 3GS I'd be tempted to wait...

Soldato
Well I'm a business customer with O2 and a personal customer with Vodafone.

I've been on Vodafone for 13 years now and have not had one single problem in that time.

I wish however I could say the same about the 15 months Ive been with O2 though and as soon as the contract is up in 3 months I'll be shifting. Lacklustre customer services and in my area, absolute dire coverage have all added to a poor time for me.

Other people will have different experiences of course most of them good with O2 I'm sure, but I'll be sticking with Vodafone for now.

Soldato
OP
Interesting. I'm looking to get a business tariff for shared minutes as my other halfs number is also potentially coming over.

I have one account and two numbers with Vodafone, but no ability to share minutes :(

Soldato
O2 have a really terrible network if that's of any consideration to you. Their entire network went down on Friday and there's lots of reports of data problems today as well. I can't even connect to google.com at the moment. :(

Soldato
O2 have a really terrible network if that's of any consideration to you. Their entire network went down on Friday and there's lots of reports of data problems today as well. I can't even connect to google.com at the moment. :(

Couldnt agree more.
Last week their data network died for most of tusday afternoon/evening (so no checking emails / web browsing on my phone), and the same thing has happened today. Utter shambles and if theres any way i could leave 02 for Voda I'll do it.

Soldato
OP
Couldnt agree more.
Last week their data network died for most of tusday afternoon/evening (so no checking emails / web browsing on my phone), and the same thing has happened today. Utter shambles and if theres any way i could leave 02 for Voda I'll do it.

Surely they are failing to provide a reliable service so in breach of SLA/contract?

Soldato
OP
Personally I'd wait until O2 lose their exclusive deal with Apple for the iPhone in September. O2 are really the only thing putting me off getting one.

http://www.eteknix.com/news/o2-to-lose-its-hold-on-the-iphone/

I also use Vodaphone and after using Virgin in the past and having problems, I'm very happy with them.

I wouldn't move to Orange..

Sounds like exiting Vodafone may have been a bit hasty, mmm.. Failing that I just get an unlocked iPhone from another country (suggestions)

Soldato
OP
Too late. Just starting with O2 after a store monkey said I don't spend enough. Train the staff to have so manners. Oh and consistent answers.

I joined Vodacom on my 18th birthday. Currently 31. Average spend 1200-1300 a year!

Soldato
Too late. Just starting with O2 after a store monkey said I don't spend enough. Train the staff to have so manners. Oh and consistent answers.

I joined Vodacom on my 18th birthday. Currently 31. Average spend 1200-1300 a year!

Heh, I gave up on Voda stores a long time ago. The people they have working there are next to useless. Having said that, their online/phone teams are really quite good.

O2 stores are really good but their phone staff are of a lower quality than Voda's. They are good, just not as good.

I was with O2 for 7 years before joining Voda in 2006. In honesty, not had a problem with either of them ever. Both are quite good. I do like Voda's phone support people though, they've not let me down yet (except maybe one time when I was trying to deal with an insurance claim after my phone was lost at a gig - even that only took 30 mins of my time to sort).

I just joined and left O2 in the space of a day (I hate messing about with O2, as I really did enjoy my time with them), as Voda offered me a good deal.

Soldato
i was with voda, and have just gone to o2 (12month, quidco 100quid cashback thing)

started with voda as of dec 31st, their support was ok to be fair, they had problems getting voda family to work on a 30day contract, but got me sorted on a deal and payed for a months inconvenience.

only reason im going wiht o2 is a better family plan (going halves with a mate on it)

voda did NOt want me to leave, offereing me deal after deal after deal, even when i tried to get my gf's pac code they were still on at me. They offered some good deals, but nothing as good as the 100quid cashback (which is understandable..) but they really did value me and didnt want me to go, even though i was on for 6 months on a sim only 30day contract.

i'd recommend them :)

Soldato
Been with O2 for a few years now and never really had any issues,

Their customer service has been second to none and I have no complaints at all.

Never tried Vodafone though so cant really compare.

Soldato
i was with voda, and have just gone to o2 (12month, quidco 100quid cashback thing)

started with voda as of dec 31st, their support was ok to be fair, they had problems getting voda family to work on a 30day contract, but got me sorted on a deal and payed for a months inconvenience.

only reason im going wiht o2 is a better family plan (going halves with a mate on it)

voda did NOt want me to leave, offereing me deal after deal after deal, even when i tried to get my gf's pac code they were still on at me. They offered some good deals, but nothing as good as the 100quid cashback (which is understandable..) but they really did value me and didnt want me to go, even though i was on for 6 months on a sim only 30day contract.

i'd recommend them :)

I was about to do that. I even signed up on Monday, then Voda offered me 600 mins, unlimited texts and internet for £14.69 on a sim only 12 month with upgrade after 9. I went for it. The only reason I did though was because it means I can keep my insurance on my phone (n96) as I could not if I went with O2 (even though they use the same insurer!!!). I do like O2 though and felt bad when I cancelled yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom