***HTC Magic Thread***

Soldato
Argh, I can upgrade this week but Vodafone told me I'd have to pay £100 for the phone. Idiots, it's free on the web with an 18 month contract and I've been with Vodafone for like 3 years so I would kinda appreciate some loyalty discount....I'll have to have a good haggle with them.

Soldato
Was thinking my battery life was rubbish last night. Took it off charge and browsed the internet for about half an hour. Woke up and it was at 54%... Charging it now when it hit 25.

Associate
Argh, I can upgrade this week but Vodafone told me I'd have to pay £100 for the phone. Idiots, it's free on the web with an 18 month contract and I've been with Vodafone for like 3 years so I would kinda appreciate some loyalty discount....I'll have to have a good haggle with them.

Threaten to leave for the HTC Hero on orange/t-mobile. They'll be putty in your hands.

Alternatively......Actually leave for the hero, it's a better phone.

Soldato
Threaten to leave for the HTC Hero on orange/t-mobile. They'll be putty in your hands.

Alternatively......Actually leave for the hero, it's a better phone.

Yeah, I had a go with "I want an iPhone tbh but obv can't have it on Vodafone" but he didn't budge, just told me to ring customer services, who promptly told me he was a week early phoning me. Muppets :rolleyes:

Associate
I can confirm that even with a fresh install, both of my HTC magic batteries perform around half as well as they used to. This seems to have happened overnight or since the last update. Does anyone have any more info on this?

Soldato
My battery life doesn't seem to have been affected by the update at all, I do use taskiller to make sure apps are closed when I'm finished using them though, so that might help.

Associate
Not sure you'll get much bass out of the small speaker to be honest... but worth checking the market for any graphic eq apps.

Thanks. I mean through my Shure headphones. I've tried looking on the market place, have searched for EQ, equaliser etc and no hits. I even tried downloading some of the other music apps on there and none of them had EQ settings either.

Soldato
Argh, getting mine tomorrow, so excited! Attempted a haggle with the bloke on the phone but he wouldn't budge so I settled for 700 mins and 250 texts for £35/month. It's a bit much but we'll see.

Thanks for all the contributions in this thread; there's a lot of very useful information that I'm going to raid tomorrow!

Soldato
Thanks Marclister,

Does anyone know if wen I get an email via Gmail dos it cost + use my internet bundle if connected via 3G? Can I turn instant emails off?

Is it possible to not make the text messages look like MSN Messenger?

Thanks

Soldato
Argh, getting mine tomorrow, so excited! Attempted a haggle with the bloke on the phone but he wouldn't budge so I settled for 700 mins and 250 texts for £35/month. It's a bit much but we'll see.

Thanks for all the contributions in this thread; there's a lot of very useful information that I'm going to raid tomorrow!

Id have told him to sod off, I got this phone about 2 months ago and that was £30 for 600mins unlimited texts and unlimited internet

Soldato
Id have told him to sod off, I got this phone about 2 months ago and that was £30 for 600mins unlimited texts and unlimited internet
I got mine from Voda on a 24mth contract.
Per month:
600mins
Unlimited Texts
500mb data

£25

I did have to pay £45 for the phone, but they wanted £100 originally.
I was fairly happy with the deal, although I was a little reluctant about paying for the phone. Unfortunately the promotional period for my previous contract had ended and I was stuck with £40pm for the final couple of months of the contract, so i wanted to sort it asap.
Otherwise I'd have tried the PUK code route to test their resolve.

Back
Top Bottom