Uni resitting

Soldato
if you failed 4 modules. you will most probably have to retake the year. depending on your uni. most only let you resit 3 modules and they get capped at 40%

if you felt you had a lot of issues this year ect. mitigating circumstances. you could ask to retake the year. but they will require proof

Associate
You'll probably have to pay then assuming SAAS paid for college? (I think!) Which uni you at?

I know of people who failed and were allowed to carry onto 3rd year but had to re-sit the 2nd year exams while taking their 3rd year exams, therefore they only had to pay the £30 re-sit fee for the actual exam.

Soldato
OP
I've been trying to get in touch with someone but it's not working. Student services can't help with anything other than funding related issues etc, I can't get a hold of my course leader via phone or email and the department office has been useless too. I've no idea what to do. I have however received notes from my doctor detailing the issues over this past year which should help with funding etc.

I've no idea what to do at present.

Soldato
I've been trying to get in touch with someone but it's not working. Student services can't help with anything other than funding related issues etc, I can't get a hold of my course leader via phone or email and the department office has been useless too. I've no idea what to do. I have however received notes from my doctor detailing the issues over this past year which should help with funding etc.

I've no idea what to do at present.

What uni do you go to? My friend failed 3 modules at strathclyde and has to resit the year.

Man of Honour
You're using acronyms without a glossary. So are you doing a BSc or BA?

SAAS = Student Awards Agency for Scotland. It's a centralised body but performs a similar function to the Local Education Authorities of England I believe.

shifty_uk: Are there not deputies or alternate contacts available for when you cannot contact the course leader? They are likely to either be able to help or to put you in contact with people who can. Generally speaking though if you've failed more than a couple of modules (and not passed the resits) then I'd expect you will have to resit the whole year.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I'm attempting to resit the year, I went and got letters detailing my issues from my GP which as I said, should help with funding however it's proving impossible to get a hold of anyone of any use. The department administration and student services etc have all be useless. I'm at a stage of panic now, fearing I'm too late.

Man of Honour
Yeah, I'm attempting to resit the year, I went and got letters detailing my issues from my GP which as I said, should help with funding however it's proving impossible to get a hold of anyone of any use. The department administration and student services etc have all be useless. I'm at a stage of panic now, fearing I'm too late.

Try not to panic, you may be too late to take the course again this coming academic year but don't give up just yet. I'd suggest you keep notes of who you talk to and the date/times that you do so - it might prove helpful if there are issues with resitting as you can at least demonstrate that you've tried to ascertain the correct course of action.

Back
Top Bottom