• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire HD 4890 Toxic availability?

OVC

OVC

Associate
I know this has probably been asked but, I thought I would ask anyway. When will Overclockers be selling the TOXIC range of GFX cards...? I see the Vapor-X is out but it just doesn't cut the mustard does it. I have read the reviews for the Vapor-X and they are disaponiting to say tge least. I have two Sapphire 4890 OC edition GFX cards which as you know Have 900MHz core, compared with the Vapor-X there is not much of a differenc. Now tge Toxic has 1024MHz core which does make mr smile and to be honest I would like to get my hands on two of these for my rig, so any news on availability in the UK yet.

Thanks

AMG

AMG

Soldato
OCuk did have them, they are limited edtions, you could always edit the BIOS put the voltage up and overclock it via BIOS or just use the atmoics BIOS lol

Associate
They were limited editions only, but wouldnt that just be a massive waste of cash when you can just OC them yourself?
Even without them OC'd i doubt theres much real world performance gains..

OVC

OVC

Associate
OP
Any plans for the 5000 series which is set for release in October depending on the release date of Windows 7 because at the moment as we all know Windows 7 is DX11. There is no point releasing a DX11 card if there is nothing to run it on is there. If Microsoft delay WINDOWS 7 until Jan 2010, which I think they will because there are still some serious bugs in Windiws 7 which have yet to be resolved. This will also delay the release of the 5000 series.

Apparently prices depending on the range of model is set to be anything from $200.00 to $600.00 on the American markets, although in the current financial state of the global economy I would imagine the price will be either just over $180.00 512GB version and $250.00 for the 1GB version.

Associate
I see the Vapor-X is out but it just doesn't cut the mustard does it.

Really ?:rolleyes:

I have read the reviews for the Vapor-X and they are disaponiting to say tge least.

Which reviews, post links please.

I have two Sapphire 4890 OC edition GFX cards which as you know Have 900MHz core, compared with the Vapor-X there is not much of a differenc. Now tge Toxic has 1024MHz core.

You think 248MHz is going to make a huge difference ?:confused:

Thanks

Associate
I know this has probably been asked but, I thought I would ask anyway. When will Overclockers be selling the TOXIC range of GFX cards...? I see the Vapor-X is out but it just doesn't cut the mustard does it. I have read the reviews for the Vapor-X and they are disaponiting to say tge least. I have two Sapphire 4890 OC edition GFX cards which as you know Have 900MHz core, compared with the Vapor-X there is not much of a differenc. Now tge Toxic has 1024MHz core which does make mr smile and to be honest I would like to get my hands on two of these for my rig, so any news on availability in the UK yet.

Thanks

...scratching my head from start to finish really!

Toxic only has 960 core btw. You might be thinking of the Atomic.

Associate
Actually, when you read the reviews you might start to think the OP is right. I mean, Sapphire must have been reeling with comments like this:

"A win for Sapphire and ATI" (OverclockersClub.com)

"Sapphire have yet again shown other manufacturers how to build a graphics card... it is definitely the quietest air-cooled version." (Overclock3d.net)

"The HD 4890 Vapor-X is another all-around great effort from Sapphire... Also going for the HD 4890 Vapor-X are the display output options: it is great to see all four options there. - Recommended" (Neoseeker.com)

"The Sapphire HD4890 Vapor-X is a great product all around, packed with features and we would strongly recommend it if you’re shopping for a HD 4890. - Gold Award" (Driverheaven.net)

AMG

AMG

Soldato
no overclocking yourself saves you monies :p

it depends on what you want the toxic/atmoic has custom coolers but you might as well get a stock one, with a custom cooler as you can overclock them to the clocks speeds normally anyway

Back
Top Bottom