Help spec'ing TV / Speakers for home cinema

Associate
Hi all,

I'd like to turn a second lounge into a cinema room (gonna paint it black, blah, blah) and would like some help spec'ing the TV and speakers.

After being wow'd by the Samsung UE55B7020W 55-inch Full HD 1080P LED TV in a local shop I was thinking of getting that TV (best price I've found is £2109.99). I've no idea at all regards sound setup so if I say a limit of £3000 for both the TV and sound system (though if they cost a little more thats ok).

I'd be using the room, which is 5.1m x 4.8m for;

- Blu-Ray and DVD viewing
- SKY HD
- Xbox 360 gaming

I would consider a projector and screen setup if the quality was as good as a LED / LCV TV. If not, is there a better TV than that Samsung LED 55" for the money ? I'd like to say around 55"-60" because the room is quite big.

Hope you can advise,
Cheers,
Storm

Soldato
That extra 5" doesn't sound like much but it is quite a difference in reality, i'd take a slightly worse but bigger screen most days of the week ...but the PQ would have to be close.

Haven't seen the new LED screens but surely they're competitive with the Kuros for PQ?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the posts. Had a look at some reviews of that Pioneer and it sounds great.

Re: projectors, any recommendations for a £2k ish set up ? Also a surround sound system, any ideas ?

Back
Top Bottom