Xbox 360 problem

Soldato
Ok so I turned off my new elite last night and the fans kept on going really quietly it's really annoying and my old 360 didn't do this it's a falcon model if that makes any difference and I only brought it about a week go. Shall I take this back or what it's really getting on my nerves something isn't right?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Does it go off eventually?

Were you downloading anything from Live when you switched it off?

No it was on all night mate, and I turned that feature on and off to see if it makes a difference I'm not currently downloading anything.

EDIT: Also if anyone asks about it having enough ventilation, it has the same as my old 360 which is more then enough and that never done this :).

Soldato
My brother's Xbox does this occasionally. Just hit the power button again and it goes off. No biggy. I certainly wouldn't be taking it back because of it.

Soldato
OP
My brother's Xbox does this occasionally. Just hit the power button again and it goes off. No biggy. I certainly wouldn't be taking it back because of it.

I'd rather it wouldn't do it to be honest mate and it's no problem taking it back I can backup all my saves. If the xbox shouldn't be doing it then I don't want one that does it.

Soldato
OP
[SKR]Abe;14659630 said:
Ive had this before.

Unplug the AV cable from the TV and 360.
Unplug the TV from mains.
Reconnect and it sorted mine.

Strange I know, but it cures mine everytime.

But I'm using a HDMI cable does it make a difference? And how often does this happen to you mate? Because if it does it quite a bit I'd rather take it back.

Soldato
OP
does the power light on the front, flash green slowly on and off a few times after it has been switched off.

No it's off, and the downloads is whilst off isn't on. Seriously the machine has been turned off and is still humming away quietly but when everything in the room is switched off IE computer ect you can just hear the xbox and it's quite loud.

Are there any grounds that they could refuse to take back my xbox? I brought it Sunday 2nd August.

Soldato
Mine does this and has done since the NXE, I've not had any problems...

EDIT: Oh, I see it never turns off... Well, mine usually does this for about 15-30 seconds then turns off, nver longer than a minute unless I'm downloading or have my charger leads plugged in.

Associate
have you tried going into the system settings area.

set bg download etc to on, save the settings, switch off, then go back and reapply the settings you want.

Mine done a similar thing a while ago, switch off but the fans kept spinning, then it shut, off but it only donw it for about 30 seconds.

i went into the settings enabled bg downloads, then switched off, then went back and disabled it, and it stopped doing it.

You could also, try doing a system reset in the system menu (you wont loose anything like game saves etc) and reset the settings.

Sounds like its stuck thinking it is downloading

Associate
are you sening back via post, or taking back to a store.

If you are taking it back to a store, take everything back and if they give you hasstle ask them to test it infront of you.

Back
Top Bottom