Android Apps (whats your favorite?)

Man of Honour
That's a consequence of the licensing model Spotify use, and in any event treating it as a premium feature doesn't sound unreasonable.

Not sure I'll bother. I'm currently ripping my entire CD library into FLAC (which I'll downsample for portable use). When I'm done I'll have about 400 CDs at my disposal, which should keep me entertained for a while (many of them I've never listened to in the first place).

Last edited:
Associate
fyi the bbc app eats battery even if you dont have the widget on. I uninstalled it - a pitty. It has no scheduling for grabbing new news.

google search by voice is brilliant! It adds a voice icon to the widget, press it and 'say' the search to goole it.

RE music player, on the samsung at least, tunewiki is the best I could find, the samsung 'call' button on the headphones pauses and plays the music. Pitty it doesnt have double click to skip to the next track like the iphone does. Maybe we can suggest to the tunewiki guys to make the 'call' button configurable.

The iphone headphones don't work properly on it, you only get one headphone, and when u hold the button u get the other - i guess the wiring is different.

I have to say the headphones with the samsung have 10000% better music playback than the iphone, but they are the kind that have the rubber mushroom thing that blocks your whole ear - a bit anoying because u can't hear any background noise around you - bad for the tube or walking down the street when you want to also know whats going on around you - great for music playback tho!

The background app is brilliant, so many wallpapers you can find one you like really quickly, saves messing around looking for a funky wallpaper.

Associate
anyone know the app to connect to tasks in gmail?

also is there a decent video player that doest require resizing?

Associate
i cant believe theres no integration with gmail tasks?? i dont see the point in astrid when gmail already does this??

Soldato
I love the Android Market, hours of fun.

Apps:

Skype - You know
it's only skype lite, ergo it's rubbish, you can't make free calls to skype contacts with it. I really wish they would release a proper version.

I'll second Bloo as my favourite facebook app.
FeedR is an awesome RSS reader/podcast downloader.
Movies is good to see what's on nearby
Wapedia is IMO the best wikipedia app
I'm not sure what the built in twitter support is like on the Hero but otherwise Twidget Lite is amazing.

Soldato
Layar was just released on the app market, it looks awesome (Augmented reality).

Video here:
http://uk.techcrunch.com/2009/08/17...-reality-revolution-is-not-in-silicon-valley/

---

Droidify - Unofficial Spotify client! ie Spotify on your phone (for premium users, Im definitely upgrading now)

----

it's only skype lite, ergo it's rubbish, you can't make free calls to skype contacts with it. I really wish they would release a proper version.

Yeah I only noticed the other day, its pointless isnt it!

---

Android App award winners:
http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/first-ever-android-network-awards-winners-announced/

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a quick question before i bite the bullet and get the HTC Hero. What happens if you change your phone to another android phone and you want to re download the apps you paid for on the Android market? Can you download them mulitple times once you have paid for them? I am specifically talking about Copilot but this would obviously apply to other paid apps.

Soldato
I believe you can.

My favourite app is My Tracks. I have been biking and walking, sod running nowhere near fit enough, a lot more since I got my HTC Magic just so I can see if I can beat my times. It's also got me interested in going for walks up some near by hills, to Coombe hill near Wendover, which I used to do as a kid.

Back
Top Bottom