3 men 2 girls, 3 bikes and one almighty tour of scotland !

Man of Honour
well as above really, me the young un, and a mate, as well as mates daughter and young uns missus are going on a three day biking tour of scotland a the end of the month !

Im going on my 1987 VFR 750 FH, with a brand new rectifier (screen, grips, iridium plugs, oil, filers, panniers, headstock bearings, tyres, mirrors ec etc) and a lot more work done than i would have liked but hell its my first bike and i love her :p (and only cost £400)

my brother and mate are going on there triumph tigers, with pillions !

so any tips on roads ? tips on places to stay ?

or basically any good lucks that we will all return in one piece :p

memphisto, been passed my test 3 months and now riding round on a 106 HP 230 kg machine which scares the ££$£$ out of me but which i love and cherish dearly out.

all tips / campsites / roads etc greatly appreciated ! oh and first stop first day is inverness if that gives an indication as to where to go next !

Man of Honour
OP
I think I'm slightly afraid of my RSV, and I've been riding three years, I wouldn't worry about it :D

im not worried i love the bike just slowly and gently getting faster, however getting overtook on my way o heartside by a lad on a 125, and then being unable to keep up with him did hurt the pride a tad lol

but then he did overtake my bro on a ZX9 whose been riding for 10 years however i could literally see his zx shaking with laughter as the lad passed him lol. his knee down and sparks at the next corner put paid to the 125 however it was funny for him damn right embarrassing for me though lol

Man of Honour
OP
ok guys were setting off at 8am tomorrow !

cant wait and as a very very loose our guide its, crook to inverness, then to fort william then home again via glen coe !

roll on 8 am !

Soldato
Well I can recommend the A939 road between Crathie and Tomintoul, here's a couple of pics from my last tour up there:

Road.jpg

RoadII.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
well ive only been passed my test for 4 months, done a fair few miles in that time including hartside a number of times, however whole different kettle of fish carrying a tent and all yer touring equip with, im going slow and enjoying the scenery and cant wait for it to start.

this will be the first of many :)

Associate
A82 to Fort William, through Glencoe, is really good, some wide open stretches and scenery is fantastic.
Applecross is a definate as well.
Skye if you can

Soldato
Sweet im gonna be keeping a close eye on this thread as im off on a week trip with the missus in errr... like 10days lol! Doing Wales > Manchester > Scotland > Leeds > ALTON TOWERS!! :D > Home

Oooh yeah still haven't decided whether to take the daily runabout or the MR2 yet. Comfort or fun, hmm :(

Soldato
Fun! If it can be done on a bike I'm sure your delicate sensibilities would be catered for by ANY car, and you'll regret taking the runabout when you find a good set of twisty bits.

Gotta agree with you 100% there mate, i mean come on wales & scotland, best driving roads in the country and im going to take a (albeit modern) suzuki swift?? Madness! Lucky the missus is quite keen on taking the MR2 also, but practicalities and "what if we break down" are going round her far-too-sensible head :p

Back
Top Bottom