Shadow Complex looks incredible (XBL / Epic Games)

Associate
I was apprehensive at first but am glad I've bought it. I've been playing for about 4 hours so far and have a way to go if I'm to collect everything all for the cost of £10. That beats the £7.50 in the cinema for a 2 hour film!

Soldato
Just played the demo and was mightily impressed. Not keen on parting with 1200 points though so will probably wait until MS do an offer on it in a few months.

£10 is excellent value for a product of this calibre!

In comparison to Trials HD which i was shocked to find at the same price!

If only dumb microsoft would let you pay in sterling, they would sell so much more! To get a title like this off the bat is going to cost you 2000 points, it will turn people off having to buy 2000 points for 1200 game. Silly.

Soldato
If only dumb microsoft would let you pay in sterling, they would sell so much more! To get a title like this off the bat is going to cost you 2000 points, it will turn people off having to buy 2000 points for 1200 game. Silly.

That's how they ensure profit, you'll have just enough left over to be able to buy nothing with, so you'll have to buy more points to buy the next thing. ;) It also helps to mask the actual price.

Associate
Completed the game but have a long way to go if I want to grab all the items for the achievement. I completed the game without even getting the last armor piece :p

Soldato

no need to buy 2000msp, just buy 500 + 1000, although you'll still have 300 remaining its better than 700.

Soldato
Liked the demo so I actually bought it.

Getting completly absorbed by it, as many have said it has that old skool metroid feel, a rare and beautiful thing. :D

Associate
I've not long got the friction dampener, on my way to the next objective, I ran and smashed through 3 panes of glass, collected a gold bar, ran up a wall and near the top jumped backwards and got a head shot on some dude..... Love it :D

Associate
Some of those components were hard as nails to find. Proper little buggers. :p

What were your stats if you've still got them up? :)

I scored about 3-4mil? I think before the final fight I had about 40% item completion and 70% map completion and left the piece of armour right at the bottom of the map (I think it's some sort of addition to your mask?) so I have a fair old way to go. I'm going to continue for now and level up a bit whilst getting completionist before heading on to replay for the level 50 achievement.

Associate
Really thinking about getting this game, played the trial but still undecided. It was kind pretty relaxed play, anyone name a few things that I can get excited about in the full game?

I'm fairly sure you only have the pistol through the trial? If so you will end up accessing another four guns as well as three special weapons and a tool that counts as a special weapon. You also receive the funky suit of armour that serves several purposes and makes the game progressively more amusing as you collect it.

You'll also end up facing different challenges and enemies throughout.

Up to you really as to whether or not you want to buy it but it is a good game.

Associate
Ok, can some kind sould tell me how to get through what seems like a wind tunnel, as soon as i walk into the room the wind wontlet me pass..

hope thats not to vague.. :)

Go up the elevator to the 4th? floor and to the left there is a tank thing you have to destroy with a missile behind a computer.

Soldato
I'm fairly sure you only have the pistol through the trial? If so you will end up accessing another four guns as well as three special weapons and a tool that counts as a special weapon. You also receive the funky suit of armour that serves several purposes and makes the game progressively more amusing as you collect it.

You'll also end up facing different challenges and enemies throughout.

Up to you really as to whether or not you want to buy it but it is a good game.
Thanks, bought it now anyway, only played it a little bit but I seem to be going back and forth a lot more than I first imagined.

Can anyone tell me what the flashlight colours mean? Yellow is shootable, green is nadeable, but i've seen purple and red and idk how to open them.

Associate
Purple is foam and red is missile, I think if you press select to bring up the map then hold the left trigger it tells you what each colour means.

Soldato
Bought this today and it's really good fun. I've just done the bit where you shoot down a helicopter over the lake.

Not sure it seems as if you can save it at any point or any idea how far it will send you back if you quit!? Still looking for the foam gun for all the stuff I haven't got yet.

Soldato
Ok, can some kind sould tell me how to get through what seems like a wind tunnel, as soon as i walk into the room the wind wontlet me pass..

hope thats not to vague.. :)

Go up the elevator to the 4th? floor and to the left there is a tank thing you have to destroy with a missile behind a computer.

I think you're thinking of a different part of the game Dave.

Baked, you need a new item before you can do that bit. :)

Associate
Bought this today and it's really good fun. I've just done the bit where you shoot down a helicopter over the lake.

Not sure it seems as if you can save it at any point or any idea how far it will send you back if you quit!? Still looking for the foam gun for all the stuff I haven't got yet.

Any room on the map with the Shadow Complex icon is a save room and it will put you to when you last walked through one if you die. They're also the rooms jam packed with reloads and health packs.

@orderoftheflame: how did you find everything/explore everywhere? It's almost impossible to do without getting so frustrated you feel sick :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom