Have I got the running requirement correct for the navy?

Soldato
I'm 6'1 and 18 stone. Ran a mile an a half in 12:12 earlier today. Could have gone faster but was sticking to self imposed rules on max heart rate.

Should be a piece of cake for anyone that isn't such a bloater.

Soldato
I wonder if i can do that time running backwards :p

1.5 miles in 12:20 is a joke, its not a fitness test, its a test to see if you are actually alive, and not being moved by the wind.

This.

It REALLY is a joke, I remember when I did this test almost 10 years ago I was thinking to myself "Is this it?" as the day before it was being talked about like it was the be all that ends all of tests.

I cannot stress how easy this is. I was pretty fit back then, but I hardly trained for months on end, I just did a lot of sports in school.

I still go a hell of a lot faster than that target today.

Associate
OP
This.

It REALLY is a joke, I remember when I did this test almost 10 years ago I was thinking to myself "Is this it?" as the day before it was being talked about like it was the be all that ends all of tests.

I cannot stress how easy this is. I was pretty fit back then, but I hardly trained for months on end, I just did a lot of sports in school.

I still go a hell of a lot faster than that target today.

I know I can do it but now it seems daunting, I just don't want to fail it and not get in. I can't seem to run casually now either, I'm getting all paranoid on times and averages. Maybe just relaxing is the key and not putting manic effort into it to try and succeed at what seems to be relatively simple goal.

Back
Top Bottom