Brakes

Soldato
Hi

The Type R had an advisory on the service that the rear disks and pads need changed soon and would squeel. This has now started happening but luckily it's just a week before payday..

I know a few on here have a ep3 Type R and am wondering if its worth just getting honda oem pads and disks for the rear and then upgrade the front to something a bit better when they need done or is it worth splashing out on fancy ones for the rear aswell.

Now im sure this is a dumb question but meh am rubbish with cars :p

Cheers

Soldato
i'd stick with standards on the rear. A good front combi would be tarros g88's and ferodo 2500's. You'll be looking at around £300 for the front setup.

Some say that the front OEM disks are actually very good anyway, so you may decide just to upgrade the pads.

Associate
yes do it yourself with EBC oem replacements.. roughly half the price of honda's oem stuff and just as good, and think on the money you will save also doing it yourself! Failing that buy the discs and pads yourself and get ur local garage to do it, still cheaper!

Soldato
If it's anything like the s2000 ebc stuff the oem replacements are no where near the oem standard. Even yellowstuffs and the turbogroove stuff is questionable in comparison

Associate
It's quite easy to do the discs and pads on a Type R - me (a complete car DIY noob) and NickXX did my front ones in about an hour once we'd got the bits sorted (had to go get new disc retaining screws -- the previous ones looked a little worse for wear!)

Back
Top Bottom