Availability, Acer 6930G 4GB 9600mGT Version?

Associate
Could someone message me where i might be able get hold of a, Acer Aspire 6930G, the 4GB Ram with 9800mGT version, not the cheaper one that only has 3GB RAM and a 9300GS. A well know supermarket had them for £500 but are not stocking them anymore, and cant seem to find them anywhere else, any help would be welcome ;)

Soldato
I had two of these but the place I got is sold out now, sent mine back as the keyboard flexed too much when I used it and it was fairly warm by the mouse pad which was the RAM not the hhd as I first thought also I couldn't get on with the native desktop res, but that's due to me using an R61 at work with a res of 1680x1050

Shame as for the money its a great machine...

Associate
OP
Yeah I know, any other suggestions for the same performance around the same price??. I find it hard to beleive that even acer themselves don't even stock the 4GB/9600mGT version!!

Associate
OP
Err, can you give a hint??, supermarket, website, give initials?

EDIT: Ah think ive found it, is it a superstore that has something to do with space and stars?

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah apparently 'A' has the lower spec version though?

The spec at £549,

* The Aspire 6930G features the Gemstone design and a stunning 16in Acer CineCrystal™ wide screen display which makes movies and images comes to life. Powerful enough to handle multiple tasks with ease; this notebook can be enjoyed by the whole family.

* Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 processor.

* 2.0GHz processor speed.

* 2MB cache.

* 4GB DDR2 RAM.

* 16in full HD Acer CineCrystal(tm) widescreen.

* Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

* 250GB SATA hard drive capacity.

* Multiformat dual layer optical drive.

* nVidia GeForce 9600M GT graphics card.

* 1GB graphics memory.

* 5 in 1 media card reader - compatible with SD™, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD.

* 3 USB ports.

* 1 HDMI port.

* 1 Ethernet ports.

* Integrated sound card.

* Integrated 0.3Mp Acer Crystal Eye webcam.

* 802.11b/g/n wireless enabled.

* Windows Vista Premium operating system installed.

* Software included: Acer Empowering Technology, Acer Arcade™, Acer InstantOn Arcade, Acer Crystal Eye, Acer GridVista™, Acer Launch Manager, Acer GameZone, Adobe® Reader®, CyberLink® PowerDirector® trial version, McAfee® Internet Security Suite Trial, NTI Media Maker™, Microsoft® Works 8.5 with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial.

* 2.5 hours battery life.

* Size (H)4.39, (W)38.5, (D)27.75cm.

* Weight 3.4kg.

* Manufacturer's 1 year guarantee.

This is only available on home delivery though!

Associate
Prob better of getting it from that "flying object in the sky" to be honest though don't have to wait for it etc. It was available from the T supermarket but its been discontinued, it was priced at £499.

Back
Top Bottom