Secure file exchange services (SaaS)?

Associate
Hi all,
I'm trying to find some services similar to the paid version of www.yousendit.com. What I need is this:

1. Administrator uploads a file, and enters the email address of a customer
  2. Customer gets an email to say there is a file waiting for them to download
  3. Customer logs in and downloads the file
  4. Administrator gets an email to say the file has been downloaded

This process needs to support multiple customers at a time. Basically, it's to replace sending confidential data as Email attachments.

Can anyone recommend a service to do this for small businesses, preferably based in the UK?

Cheers,
Matt

Associate
If you have the upload bandwidth and a spare server (or ESX Server), then I can highly recommend Accellion File Transfer System. I have been running it for 6ish months now and its perfect for securely transferring files and attachments.

It records when a file was sent, when it was downloaded/viewed, who sent/downloaded and has email support with a user login system. Everything is encrypted to boot if you run it via HTTPS.

You can grab a trial in the VMWare Virtual Appliance Marketplace (http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/1199).

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to avoid running something myself, to maximise the speed at which I can implement it, and keep the costs down.

I'll take a look at the Accellion system though.

Any other ideas folks?

Soldato
Shockingly simple to code something like that in PHP if you are any good at building things yourself.

Cannot think of anything online that does this already but someone might :)

Associate
OP
Developing PHP software is one of my main skills, so that isn't an issue. However, I don't have the time to spare to develop it, nor the inclination to host/run it.

I've come across www.humyo.com but their service is more geared towards online collaboration. I'll post back if I find anything useful :)

Associate
  1. Administrator uploads a file, and enters the email address of a customer
  2. Customer gets an email to say there is a file waiting for them to download
  3. Customer logs in and downloads the file
  4. Administrator gets an email to say the file has been downloaded

I can confirm that www.Humyo.com can do all of the above apart from the last point. You can get a free trial for the Workspace account (up to 10 users and 250GB) for 30 days - https://www.humyo.com/pages/en/try-business-file-storage Or you could just get a free account with 10GB!

Back
Top Bottom